Accidentally linked Skype with Windows - how to un...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Accidentally linked Skype with Windows - how to unlink?

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

First install of Win 8, not sure if I like it, but then I logged in to Skype with my Username and with a too fast click the mistake happened and my account was linked to MS.

After this I discovered that I can unlink the Profile what I just created for this ... erm... stuff and that I can use Win 8 with a local user as in all Windows versions before.

After unlinking Windows, Skype is still linked to my trash windows account. I just want to login with my skype username I created years ago. Re-Installing Skype is not a solution.

What can I do? The other Problem is, that I have two accounts (one for business and one for family and friends)

Thanks and bye

mrjonaz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (410 Views)

Re: Accidentally linked Skype with Windows - how to unlink?

Unfortunately there is no option to unlink. You can File a support request

How can I contact Skype Customer Service?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6519
Message 2 of 5 (383 Views)

Actually I just discovered an acceptable workaround. Just downloaded the SkypeSetupFull6.exe and then everything works fine, not in MetroDesign but who cares.

So if anyone else is confused by M$ Politics just download it again but not from the App Store.

mrjonaz
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (361 Views)

Glad to hear that. I guess you are not logged into Skype with your Microsoft credentials.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6519
Message 4 of 5 (343 Views)

I have figured out the EASIEST way to unlink accounts! No need to talk to Customer Service!

Log into your goofed up account (the one you NO LONGER WANT LINKED) and open your profile by clicking the tab. Right under your name, right at the top, it says Accounts. Click on Manage!

It will open a window in your browser! Find the email you don't want linked and click UNLINK.
POOF! YOUR ACCOUNTS ARE NO LONGER LINKED! Now you can link it properly!

YAY!

Skyelark
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (135 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling