What version are you trying to install?
What operating system and make and model of your system are you using and are you 32 or 64 bit based?
04-08-2011 19:40 - edited 04-08-2011 19:43
hi there... well the latest version 5.5, the one which can be downloaded on skype.com
and im not sure i fully understand what you mean by saying "make and model", its a custom computer and all is mixed togehter if that answers your question...(no native speaker sorry^^). but as i said skype used to be working just one week ago and i didnt change a thing since then...
04-08-2011 19:44 - edited 04-08-2011 19:45
Ok, please do the same on this page, click the "Fixit" icon/button once there:
Afterwards, please reboot and install from this link:
For Testing ONLY! Please do NOT stay on this release and post back if this works.
In your case and your case only.
1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.
2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.
3. Using Windows File Explorer do:
If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.
4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.
5. You will need to copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice:
This will install the older version of Skype.
How are things now?
05-08-2011 00:45 - edited 05-08-2011 00:46