About merge Microsoft account to Skype.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

About merge Microsoft account to Skype.

Hi team, I have a Skype account in the before, today I try to login Skype use my Microsoft account first time, but I not choose merge my Skype account, and now I want to merge it, how to do? Thanks.

stanley621
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 23 (119,529 Views)

Re: About merge Microsoft account to Skype.

Please Contact customer service and ask them to unlink your account.

What happens when I merge my Skype and Microsoft accounts?

How can I contact Skype Customer Service?

What is live chat support?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 5787
Message 2 of 23 (119,494 Views)

Seriously, Skype name and Microsoft merging problem is getting out of hand. Every single problem are redirected to unresponsive Skype Customer Service.
zzyxzx
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 23 (118,743 Views)

I was very impressed with Win 8, they did a great job with there drivers.

I accidentally gave kudos, I meant to complain about the zero support. This is real trainwreak. A great app made unusable. The support here speaks for itself, there is none.

MelindaPC
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 23 (117,104 Views)

[ Edited ]

MelindaPC wrote: I accidentally gave kudos, I meant to complain about the zero support.  

You can Revoke kudos. Click Options on that message and click Revoke My Kudos.

revokekudos.PNG

Seems like you already revoked kudos. Probably mgod did it for you.

Kudos Activity for MelindaPC : Kudos Given: to Posts

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 5 of 23 (117,033 Views)

Tamim,
How do I contact the Customer Service? I've been browsing Skypes' site and I do not see any link for the Customer Support.

I've realised that after the installation step, Skype only ask u once if you wish to merge your MSN contacts to your Skype account (this happens only when the first login after the installation using the MSN account.). If you chose not too, even reinstall will not help.

I've no way of merging my skype and msn now and there's no detail of how to contact the Customer Service.

Shackks
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 23 (117,017 Views)

You can file a support request 

youtu.be/FHoKkkfrgKI

include the below information.

Skype version and platform you are using

What is the exact version number of Skype and what platform you are using (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, etc.)?

Which option you choose to log in to Skype, if you combine your account:

• Facebook

Skype-account you used in the process of merging?

Indicate that combined.

supportrequest.PNG

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 7 of 23 (117,007 Views)

Me too. I want to MERGE my existing Skype account to my Microsoft Account.

Context: When I first run Skype on Windows 8, it asked where I already had a Skype account. I choose "No" unwittingly, and was automatically logged in with my Microsoft Account.

So, how to merge them? Thanks.

tiago2012
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 8 of 23 (114,299 Views)

Hi there. I merged my accounts last week. But since Thursday I can't see  the people logged in WLM. I initiate the skype with my Microsoft account and the people logged on MSN doesn't show up at skype, is there any way to solve this problem?. Thank you.

josezor07
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 23 (113,656 Views)

I've merged Microsoft with Skype on my new Windows 8 laptop (64bit) as it appeared to be a straightforward and recommended way to login (with no mention of the downsides!!!). Now only two of my original Skype contacts are shown as available, even though we've checked with some of the others by phone and they are online!   We've used Skype for years with no problems and aren't sure whether to "un-merge" in case we lose our remaining contacts and £17 of Skype credit!?   Any suggestions....??????

markbegas
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 23 (113,291 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling