Re: windows phone sign in

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

windows phone sign in

Must I sign in to Skype on my Win Phone 8 with my Microsoft ID? Can I use my current Skype log on info and the same account? Also, I would rather not associate my accounts. (Microsoft does not need to know who I Skype with.) That was part of the reason I switched from Android/Google.

Your advice and guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks.

j.aner
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (396 Views)

I have the same issue, I have a work account which is not a Microsoft account. However. It seems this is now a problem for Microsoft, and they have prevented us from,using non Microsoft accounts on mobile devices. Our admin is now seeking alternatives for,Skype, as MS have totally ignored thier users on this one.
Posted from Nokia Lumia 925
stevematdavies
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 7 (348 Views)

Thanks. I thought it was just me. I hear the accounts can be linked, but I'd rather not.
Posted from Generic Windows Phone 8
j.aner
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (339 Views)

I'm another but it's evey worse. I had a Nokia 925 and was logged in on my regular Skype ID. I broke my phone so they sent another and it won't let me log in the same way.

I know it will work, as I was on W8 with my Skype account, but it looks like Skype is uninterested in telling us how to do it again.  :sad:

ithinktfiam
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 7 (230 Views)

There is no option to log in with Skype ID anymore, however, you can continue using the same Skype account you were previously, you just need to link it to your Microsoft account and use the Microsoft account details to log in.

The following FAQ might be useful:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12324/how-do-i-sign-in-to-skype-for-windows-phone-8-with-my-micro...

Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 214
Message 5 of 7 (201 Views)

Kadri wrote:

There is no option to log in with Skype ID anymore, however, you can continue using the same Skype account you were previously, you just need to link it to your Microsoft account and use the Microsoft account details to log in.

The following FAQ might be useful:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12324/how-do-i-sign-in-to-skype-for-windows-phone-8-with-my-micro...

Thank you, Kadri. From your name tag, I assume you work for Microsoft. Please ask when Microsoft plans to correct this mistake?

j.aner
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (194 Views)

Yes, when will you correct the multiple mistakes?

First, that's not proper business. should be able to keep my Skype calls unlinked from the rest of my MS usage.

Second, as many unanswered posts on the community attest, the linking doesn't work.

As of now, I will no longer be using Skype on my mobile phone and I'm considering moving back to a land land for hom usage.

ithinktfiam
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 7 (191 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling