stuck on profile

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

stuck on profile

I'm stuck on profile. It says its at 80% and is stuck there. I can't get past that. How do I get past that so I can start using Skype?
Posted from Nokia Lumia 820
sallyc1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 12 (1,468 Views)

Re: stuck on profile

Help please
Posted from Nokia Lumia 820
sallyc1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 12 (1,464 Views)

stuck at 80%, very unfriendly site, been at this for an hour and waisting my time ...should be a lot simpler get your head thinking this way,not overcomplicating things!!!! I don't need more widjts, apply KISS principle.  NOW how do I log in AND MAKE A CALL NOW THAT YOU HAVE MY MONEY

sonette
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 12 (1,280 Views)

It´s too bad, I have the same problem as you. While nobody fro Skype-support gets any answer...

xisancris
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 12 (1,222 Views)

I am stuck on profile as well. I sign in, it lets me in, goes to profile page and there is nothing on that page that lets me make a call. How do I get from this profile thing to making a video call? Thanks in advance for any help.

newguyquestion
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 12 (1,120 Views)

here the same. I´m logged in on skype on three devices with my gmail address and wanted to install on a tablet. No way. It doesn´t recognise my password. even changed the password. Then got stuck on the profile.

As I see it I am forced to take a microsoft address and am forced to give my telephone number.

Well I have a surprise for microsoft. I will not take a microsoft adress and i will certainly not give my telephone number, that´s part of my privacy.

If this is how microsoft wans to do business, they can forget a bout me. For those having troubles. There is Google hangout and Viber working great! long live the competition!

Idontbelieveit
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 12 (613 Views)

i entered phone number and it didn't help.  still stuck on 80% done and no apparent way of getting to the online button mentioned, to the add contacts mentioned, or anything at all other than this and profile.  I'm on a MAC.  

beyondfrustrate
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 12 (579 Views)

have you heard anything on this matter.

sonette wrote:

stuck at 80%, very unfriendly site, been at this for an hour and waisting my time ...should be a lot simpler get your head thinking this way,not overcomplicating things!!!! I don't need more widjts, apply KISS principle.  NOW how do I log in AND MAKE A CALL NOW THAT YOU HAVE MY MONEY

gdavis
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (545 Views)

Hi,

if you are referring to your profile completeness at skype.com, on your account page, then the fact that you haven't filled in some information there does not prevent you from using Skype. You simply need to download the Skype application, and can then start making calls (it's not possible to make calls from the website directly)

You can download Skype from here:

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 171
Message 9 of 12 (482 Views)

You're probably doing what I did.... trying to call from the website.  Instead, you need to open the application and work from there.  That's where the info is on adding contacts, making calls etc.

beyondfrustrate
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 12 (476 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling