Windows phone 8x app wont open

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Windows phone 8x app wont open

So after i installed the latest version, where you are now able to make video messages, the application, after signing in, will not open again, it will say it is ressuming the application, to only then crash immediatly after and the only way i can actually open skype, is if i get a message from somebody, but even then, i can only look at that chat, and if I try to click on my notifications, it crashes again.
I've reported this on the store page, a long with a few other 8x users, but its been about three weeks and nothing has been said to us..
Please could someone get back to me on what has happened, because besides this problem, skype is still my favourite piece of software :happy: 

Thank you :happy:

Fearnerth
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (458 Views)

Re: Windows phone 8x app wont open

Hi,

thank you for reporting your issue here. Could you please let us know your OS and firmware versions, as well as your account size? And as I understand from your report below the issue was already happening before the latest update?

Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 210
Message 2 of 7 (399 Views)

Yeah it was happening before the update.

So my OS is :8.0.10211.204
and my Firmware is: 1532.20.20100.206

Have you any idea as to what is causing it?

Fearnerth
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (388 Views)

Thank you for the additional info, could you please also let us know how many contacts you have?

Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 4 of 7 (364 Views)

I have around 64 contacts on my skype.. Have you any idea what might be causing these problems?

Fearnerth
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (337 Views)

please can someone from Skype or Microsoft, try and sort this problem, Its getting ridiculus, and seeing as you guys are now under the same company, there shouldn't be that many problems, especially as the phone im using, is the same software as windows 8.. Please, its really becoming a nuisance to me..

Fearnerth
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (266 Views)

Thank you for your cooperation and the additional information, we are working on fixing the issue.

Some users having a similar issue have reported that uninstalling Skype, rebooting the phone and then reinstalling Skype has solved the issue, please try if you haven't yet.

Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 7 of 7 (252 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling