Sign out of SKYPE on Windows Phone? / Link existin...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sign out of SKYPE on Windows Phone? / Link existing Skype account?

Hi,

I've been happily using SKYPE for a long time on my Lumia 820, but since the recent SKYPE update and the need to link a Microsoft account, I cannot access my existing Skype account (which has all of my contacts).

For some reason it didn't link my existing Skype account when signing in for the first time, and now I have an empty Skype account (for my Microsoft account) and I can't see anyway to sign out anywhere in the settings.

I've deleted the app and reinstalled, but it gives me no option to link a Skype account.

Any ideas?

cheers

Sam

swam22
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (241 Views)

Re: Sign out of SKYPE on Windows Phone? / Link existing Skype account?

Hi swam22,

You will need to unlink your Microsoft account from the empty Skype account first, then the next time you login you will be prompted to link your correct account.  Here are instructions for unlinking:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12211/how-do-i-unlink-my-skype-and-microsoft-or-facebook-accounts

Hope this helps!

Joe

Follow us @SkypeSupport.
To get the most out of Skype I recommend Skype Premium.
Download Skype for Windows Phone from the Store.
Found this post useful? Please give Kudo. Helped to fix your issue? Mark it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
JoelShea
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 131
Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling