Login Skype with hotmail account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Login Skype with hotmail account

[ Edited ]

Hello sir,

I have nokia lumia (windows phone 7.5) and I can not connect to my skype account (it even connected to my hotmail account).
I connect to skype with my hotmail address: *edited for privacy*to website 
but I can not login with my account indicated on skype: live:john.smith to windows phone
Using the same password hotmail.

The problem is it password or login?
What should I do?

acrouzie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 18
Message 1 of 27 (77,629 Views)

Re: Login Skype with hotmail account

I have exactly the same problem. Tried all combinations of my live id (with prefix live:, with and without outlook.com) and live password, but to no avail.

What is more, I tried to get my skype password changed or my username reminded, however on both tries i got the following message:

Sorry that password token is not recognized, please try entering it again or get another password token.

martynas25
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 27 (77,593 Views)

You can only sign in to Skype with a Microsoft Account on clients that support that, such as Windows 8. On other clients (such as Windows Phone), you can continue to sign in with your previous Skype name.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 317
Message 3 of 27 (77,582 Views)

That's ridiculous! I wanted to delete my old skype account which I have not used for a years and wanted to start again from zero with my MSAccount.

But there's a lot of problem with that. You can't sign in either to your WindowsPhone app or even to the Skype forum (this site) with MSAccount...

This integration in this state is more annoying than usefull.. :-/

Hope that you fix that soon

MarekWP
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 27 (77,468 Views)

I'm sorry if this has been confusing for you and has caused you problems. The options are basically as follows:

1. New Skype users: create a completely new account using Microsoft Account (MSA). You will not be able to sign in to clients that do not support MSA with this account.
  2.  Existing Skype user: associate your existing Skype account with your MSA. You will be able to sign in to clients that do not support MSA using your existing Skype account.
  3. Existing Skype user: keep your existing Skype account and create a new account using your MSA. You will be able to sign in to clients that do not support MSA with your previous Skype account, and MSA-supported clients with your MSA.

I'm not sure of the plans for the website team, but I suspect that MSA support will be added to the website and forums in time.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 5 of 27 (77,452 Views)

Arent the meaning that Skype are going to replace messenger? I wanted to use Skype as an alternative, but hell no if I cant use my old hotmailaccountall my contacts with on my computer. Sorry, Microsoft. Here you are going to LOOSE!!!

anders1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 27 (75,062 Views)

anders1 wrote:

Arent the meaning that Skype are going to replace messenger? I wanted to use Skype as an alternative, but hell no if I cant use my old hotmailaccountall my contacts with on my computer. Sorry, Microsoft. Here you are going to LOOSE!!!

You can continue to contact the contacts you have with your existing Hotmail account (called Microsoft Account now) on any client that supports Microsft Account authentication. The additional benefit is that if you already have a Skype account, you can merge your Hotmail account with your Hotmail account and see both sets of contacts at the same time.

dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 7 of 27 (75,014 Views)

Then how does it work?  I tried to set up the skype account for my hotmail account and yet there's no contacts there.  What is the point if I lose all of my contacts?  I would rather stick with hotmail and not screw around with skype.

moans4u
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 27 (66,677 Views)

You should merge your existing Skype account with your Microsoft Account (MSA); this will bring both sets of contacts together in one place. If you use an MSA that is not merged with a Skype account, then you will only be able to see your Messenger contacts in Skype.

We have a number of guides and FAQs about Microsoft Account on our support site here: https://support.skype.com/en/search?q=microsoft+account

Hope this helps :happy:

dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 9 of 27 (66,655 Views)

You should merge your existing Skype account with your Microsoft Account (MSA); this will bring both sets of contacts together in one place. If you use an MSA that is not merged with a Skype account, then you will only be able to see your Messenger contacts in Skype.

We have a number of guides and FAQs about Microsoft Account on our support site here: https://support.skype.com/en/search?q=microsoft+account

Hope this helps :happy:

dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 10 of 27 (66,655 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling