Re: Insufficient Skype credit message

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

maya.shpak

Tried calling Israel, but I doubt it really has anything to do with the destination country.

mayashpak
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 11 of 72 (2,852 Views)

I am getting the same insufficient credit message when I am trying to dial US based phones from the US. I have a subscription that should let me do this.

colo_skype
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 12 of 72 (2,848 Views)

Hello, 

I actually have the Nokia Lumia 800 movile with windows phone and i´m having problems with skype.

I´ve  a plan to make phone calls with it and when i´m trying to use it, a message appears saying that i don´t have sufficient credit to call.

I´m used to use skype to call from Spain to Argentina with unlimited time and it allways worked prefectly with my computer.

I´ll be very pleased if you can help me to resolve this problem with my movile.

Thank you.

My account nick name is martynas77

martynas77
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 13 of 72 (2,842 Views)

I have the same issue with the BETA using my HTC7. My username is ryinseattle and I'm on a "Unlimited US & Canada" calling plan. My app's dialing pad indicates I'm calling to the USA as expected (American flag icon shows) however when I call local area code numbers 425 (King County, WA) or 206 (Seattle, WA) I get the message, "You have insufficient Skype Credit to make this call. Check your account and try again."

I've tried calling the same numbers from Skype on Windows desktop and calls go out as expected. When I try calling a country from my desktop which my subscription doesn't cover I get the same insufficient funds message that shows on the app.

In the WP app I've also tried hitting the delete button on the dial pad to remove the '+1' (flag goes icon turns to "?") and typing the entire +1 number again...still doesn't work and gives the same error.

ryinseattle
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 72 (2,833 Views)

Me too- login: jimscard, although suddenly today the desktop started saying I needed credit to forward my calls too (setting from my profile on the web worked).

Looks like something's wrong in one of the ways that clients determine whether you can call - it seems to have forgotten about subscriptions.
im in US calling US.
jimscard
Casual Tourist
Message 15 of 72 (2,829 Views)

Okay, so I tried adding a phone number to the account because I'd let mine expire and got the same message. Next I tried adding $10 Skype credit and now it allows the call and is "smart" enough to not decrement $ from my Skype credit; instead I see $0.00 by each call in my account's call history. $10 down however I can make calls without additional cost per call.

ryinseattle
Novel Adventurer
Message 16 of 72 (2,801 Views)

same here. I have the unlimited canada & US. I'm calling from canada to canada. It seems that buying some credits will solve the problem, it credits won't be used, because of the subscription. But I still have to try it...
guillaumestcyr
Casual Tourist
Message 17 of 72 (2,796 Views)

I have an HD7 with T-Mobile and am receiving the insufficient skype credit message even though I subscribe to the unlimited us and canada per month.

The account I am using is the same as my desktop and mac account (which work fine)

The account name is cody.arnould86

Thanks

marnould
Casual Tourist
Message 18 of 72 (2,796 Views)

I got the same problem with my subscription!!

How to solve this thing???

dipanpatel19
Casual Tourist
Message 19 of 72 (2,795 Views)

no body says any solution about this problem???????

martynas77
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 72 (2,760 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling