HTC 8X Skype App Issue

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

HTC 8X Skype App Issue

Hi,

I updated by HTC 8X to the latest software update released by Microsoft yesterday 'Portico' and since then the Skype app is behaving strangely, on voice calls (whether to skype or on phones) the other party is unable to hear me whereas I can perfectly hear them. My phone is working fine and I can make and receive calls with no voice issues whatsoever. Skype app on my Lumia 920 works fine and so it does on my iPad.

anyone else facing this issue? How do I resolve this? Please help.

Posted from Apple iPad
dereklakin
Staff Moderator

Accepted Solution

The Portico update (to 8.0.10211.xxx) is the operating system update, which doesn't actually fix the HTC issue. The HTC issue is fixed in a firmware update (also delivered OTA), which takes your firmware version number to 1532.20.20008.xxx.

View solution in original post
hinaali-mm
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 59 (6,737 Views)

Re: HTC 8X Skype App Issue

Thanks for taking the time to report your problem. We haven't seen it ourselves, but we will continue to investigate.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 291
Message 2 of 59 (6,730 Views)

I have the same issue on my HTC 8X with Skype since updating today. Video calls works fine but with voice calls, the other party can't hear me at all.
FrancoMassyn
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 59 (6,723 Views)

FrancoMassyn wrote:
I have the same issue on my HTC 8X with Skype since updating today. Video calls works fine but with voice calls, the other party can't hear me at all.

Thanks for your feedback; it is very helpful. We are continuing to investigate this issue.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 4 of 59 (6,718 Views)

Yes thats right, video calls are working fine but voice calls are not. I hope this gets resolved soon.

hinaali-mm
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 59 (6,652 Views)

FrancoMassyn wrote:

To assist in our investigation, please can you confirm the Firmware revision number for your device, please? You cand find this by going to the Settings app, about, and then more information.

dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 6 of 59 (6,646 Views)

hinaali-mm wrote:

Yes thats right, video calls are working fine but voice calls are not. I hope this gets resolved soon.

To assist in our investigation, please can you confirm the Firmware revision number for your device, please? You cand find this by going to the Settings app, about, and then more information.

dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 7 of 59 (6,645 Views)

Our current understanding is that this issue only affects the earpiece, so you should be able to successfully hold an audio call by using the speaker or a headset. Please let me know if this is not the case (and your Firmware revision as requested previously).

Thanks.

dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 8 of 59 (6,639 Views)

My firmware revision number is 1532.20.20001.421

FrancoMassyn
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 59 (6,638 Views)

My firmware revision number is 1532.20.20003.401

hinaali-mm
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 59 (6,609 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling