Echo / Sound Test

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Echo / Sound Test

Should I expect the Echo / Sound Test service to work?  At the moment it doesn't seem to but I can't tell if it's me, the beta or the service that's doing something wrong.

ggreig
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

This did work for me on an HTC Titan in the UK.

View solution in original post
YetAnotherName
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 1 of 21 (23,054 Views)

Re: Echo / Sound Test

This did work for me on an HTC Titan in the UK.
Posted from HTC Titan X310e
ggreig
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 2 of 21 (23,053 Views)

Good to know since I too am using an HTC Titan (though in the US).  I'm probably doing something stupid.  I'll sleep on it and have another go tomorrow.

Thanks

YetAnotherName
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 21 (23,046 Views)

Verizon HTC Trophy.....I get start of a ring then dead air on this. Calling landlines via "skypeout" is iffy.....sometimes I get nothing at all. 3g or wifi---same. Not sure if problems are limited to the test call or not.

mikem132
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 21 (22,991 Views)

I was indeed doing something stupid.  The phone was set to volume zero - the Echo service was working just fine I just wasn't hearing it.

In my defence I'd argue I was expecting volume to be adjusted up automatically during the call but really: no noise and I didn't think to check the volume?

YetAnotherName
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 21 (22,943 Views)

Having the same issue w/ an HTC Trophy on Verizon in the US.  If I toggle the speakerphone on/off, sometimes I can hear the call through the speakerphone, but never through the phone's earpiece.  

gjdavis60
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 21 (22,650 Views)

i keep calling them andthere is know sound when i do but i know it is n't my speaker because when i have done a sound check i can hear someone please help

dasieplop
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 21 (22,562 Views)

ahoj peto

suzanka4321
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 21 (20,702 Views)

ahoj peto mas priatelku? chodis s nou ? preto sa nestretavame?odpis

suzanka4321
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 21 (20,702 Views)

YetAnotherName wrote:

Should I expect the Echo / Sound Test service to work?  At the moment it doesn't seem to but I can't tell if it's me, the beta or the service that's doing something wrong.

suzanka4321
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 21 (20,701 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling