Delete history chat

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Delete history chat

I am desperately looking for a way to delete the history chat on Skype on my Windows Phone 8. I can't find anything, any way to delete the recent chat and calls... How to delete those?
dereklakin
Staff Moderator

Accepted Solution

There is no way to clear the recents list in the Skype for Windows Phone 8 client. If you have a contact that you want to remove, then you can block and remove that contact, which will remove their conversation history also.

View solution in original post
Micael123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 147 (35,176 Views)

Re: Delete history chat

There is no way to clear the recents list in the Skype for Windows Phone 8 client. If you have a contact that you want to remove, then you can block and remove that contact, which will remove their conversation history also.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 287
Message 2 of 147 (35,159 Views)

In that case I will certainly not be using for personal messaging! there should always be a way to delete conversations as in email and text messaging, voice messaging. I consider it a failure in the system to have overlooked this feature.
ceinwen
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 32
Message 3 of 147 (35,078 Views)

if you use latest version of skype just uninstall it and install 3.8 then clean your history

deleting skype wont delete your chat history

lamoza22
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 147 (35,058 Views)

I un-installed the application. It is useless without this basic feature.. And dangerous.. When they'll decide to implement this basic functionality I will consider to re-install it.

dereklakin wrote:

Micael123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 5 of 147 (34,796 Views)

This really needs to be addressed!  Does anyone have any idea if this has been done yet?  I'm not going to keep uninstalling this program every time I want to delete my chat history.  It's making me not want to use this program any longer...

mc-cassidy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 6 of 147 (34,246 Views)

Appreciate your feedback, however, we are unfortunately unable to say at this point when this feature will be added.
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 208
Message 7 of 147 (34,230 Views)

Sorry to hear such negative answer to a simple function regarding deleting chat history. No wonder Skype is loosing market share to Line, Whatsapp, and other similar softwares in the speed of light. I seriously wonder if Bill Gates saw this reply what will he think about the empire that he worked so hard to build. Being a true Microsoft supporter, I feel really sad.
willhsujr
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 21
Message 8 of 147 (33,544 Views)

I apologize if the answer seemed negative, please rest assured that we take your feedback very seriously, and are constantly working on improving the app and adding more features, however, implementing new features can take time, and we unfortunately can't preannounce when exactly it will be available.
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 208
Message 9 of 147 (33,512 Views)

I have same problem.  I have tried all the way as you told ın the following reply but I can not delete my history chat from my Nokia Lumia 820.  I am blocking my contact but I'm getting all my history chat  back  when I  add my contact again.  This is a very serious problem for me...

nurcihanci
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 10 of 147 (33,011 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling