As the title suggests, I am unable to enter certain group chats. When I select a chat to enter it loads from ~5-10 seconds then kicks me out of the app forcing me to log back in. Any solutions?
It seems to only affect group chats that have grown to a large size. Some will work for a period of time and suddenly stop.
I am having exactly the same issue. When I open the Skype app, it shows the most recent posts to the group chat (after refreshing it), but as soon as I click on the group chat, it loads for a few seconds, crashes, and sends me back to the home page. I have to log back into Skype.
This group chat is work-related and I can't delete history. Also, I'm afraid to lose other chats with individuals (particularly my overseas boyfriend). Could tech support please look into this issue soon? Thanks!
Here is some more complete information about the issue.
- This group chat was working perfectly yesterday afternoon when I last successfully accessed it.
- I can actually SEE the group IM chat on my phone in my contacts list. It updates and shows new posts. But when I click on it to access it, I see a blank screen for about 8 seconds, and then I get kicked out of Skype. I have to log back into Skype to use Skype again.
- This is NOT a video chat.
- Only this one chat is affected, not any one-to-one chats or the other group chat I am in.
- I am NOT trying to START a chat. This group chat has been established for over 3 months. I have moderator rights. I am not the chat owner.
- I have NOT been blocked or removed from the chat. I have been communicating with the chat owner. He removed me from the group and re-added me, and this did not help.
- I am using a Samsung Focus SGH-i917 using Windows Phone 7.5, OS version 7.10.7720.68.
- I am logged on simultaneously from my phone and my computer and I can access the group just fine on my computer. The issue on my phone exists whether my computer is on or off.
- My Skype phone version is beta 0.2.0.1. My computer is running Skype version 188.8.131.52.
- I can see the group chat in the contacts list on my phone, and I can see it update as people post in it. I just can't access the chat itself from my phone to read or send messages.
- The issue exists no matter whether I am using the phone with 3G, or with WiFi, or while it is connected directly to my computer with its charge cable.
- I have tried completely removing and reinstalling Skype on both my phone and my computer. This does not affect the issue.
- I have spoken to Skype tech support and all they have to say is "it's beta so we don;t have an answer."
I suspect the issue stems from the size of the log file for the group chat. The phone appears to be attempting to load the entire log (not just the last day like Skype does on the computer).
However, there is no way, said Skype tech support, to remove the history of just one chat. They suggested I simply leave the chat group. Now why in hell would I have spent hours trying to resolve this if I wanted to leave the chat group?
Does Skype support monitor this discussion? Please resolve these two issues (nonloading of group IM chat, and inability to remove the log of just one chat) as soon as possible!
Fairly annoyed and hoping this won't happen in the final release - the app in it's current state is unusable.
I was in a chat with a very helpful support rep this morning who actually understood the issue (THANK YOU). She couldn't fix the issue, but she said the developers were aware of it and it would be fixed in a future release.
I work in third-tier IT tech support. Folks, YOUR POSTS MAKE DEVELOPMENT PRIORITIES HAPPEN. If you don't post and complain about this issue to Skype, they will not make its resolution a priority. I tell my users that we prioritze based on number of support incidents, and Skype support would say so themselves if you asked them.
Skype dev team, please consider me a resource to call on to alpha or beta test a proposed solution. I have experience testing like this with the software I support at work.
Please help me and my overseas fiance (who doesn't have a cell phone) stay in touch, please, OK?
Downloaded the new Skype 1.0 and I'm cautiously optimistic. So far all of my chats run.
I like the way it loads only the last messages, and then when you scroll up it loads another few screenfuls of messages. Nicely done. If I want to save chat history I'll save the chat log on my computer (which, by the way, should be easier to do...)
Thanks very much for the elegant, workable solution... provided it holds up in use!
thank you very much for your feedback!
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
- windows phone
- Windows Phone 8
- video calls
- video messaging
- attach files
- battery saver
- Can't reach landline an…
- Cynthia Schroeder
- Data Usage
- delete history
- doesn't work
- duration missing
- Feature enhancement
- file sharing
- file transfer
- i want download skype
- Incoming call