Thank you for reporting that. I forwarded the issue to the product team and we are investigating. Sorry for the inconvenience.
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
I noticed another thing:
I had problems with accidentaly exiting the app.
I think it's not absolutely clear that tapping the (blue/orange "blinking") notification-icon in the upper right corner doesn't actually perform a navigation (if you're on the first page), but is rather a shortcut to the second pivot-item on the first page (the "recent" tab).
So when I'm on any page (a conversation for example), than tap the (orange-blinking) notifications-icon, it brings me to the first page's "recent"-section (pivot-item). Now I want to "navigate back" to the previous page/conversation I was just having, so I hit the back-button. And (because I'm on the first page in the back-stack) I exit the application, instead of going back to the conversation/contacts-list/...
I think that's not good practice and confuses the user who is not used to this behaviour. you may reconsider your navigation-model
thanks so far,
Video quality is very poor on the Windows Phone end of the connection. I've tested from the iPhone client and the Windows PC client, and in both cases:
- Video from the other client is pixelated & blocky when viewed on the Windows Phone
- Video from the Windows Phone looks GREAT on the PC and iPhone.
So, it is a RECV isssue, not a SEND issue. Both tests were done with all devices on the same local WiFi connection.
Windows Phone: Samsung Focus S
iPhone: 4 S
Windows PC: Skype 220.127.116.11 with Microsoft HD lifecam cinema.
27-02-2012 20:16 - edited 27-02-2012 20:21
1. Nothing happened when tap "Send feedback" button;
2. After turn on/off a camera while I'm having call, timer reset to 00:00;
3. The speaker louder if you use a video-call;
4. I have not set up my country and Desktop version of Skype displays nothing, but mobile version display a United States, why?
5. Images of profiles stretched by width (and it looks awful);
6. Timestamp in chats non-userfriendly. Maybe kind of "hours:minutes:milliseconds day:month:year" will be better?
7. After I called I checked my desktop version and desktop version nothing known about call from mobile version, why?
sorry for my English )
Nice start but at the moment it is only useful for calling out, receiving calls is pretty much worthless because it will not run unless it is fully open. To be specific it has no background activity and does not run under the lockscreen. If you aren't actually looking at the app on your screen you are reported as "Offline". This is pretty basic Mango technology and critical to making this a workable tool for day to day use.
Beyond that the only other Bug I've encountered so far is that the camera orientation for tys phone is rotated to landscape - good for getting a group **bleep** but not usable if someone were to call you when you were walking around.
Keep up the improvements, I really want this to be everything it should be. I got used to using Skype on Windows Mobile and I miss its functionality!
Hey Skype Team.
First I wanna thank you very very much for your hard work on this Skype-App.
Now, what I found.
- I don't think that this is a bug, but when I try to remove or block a user or to view blocked users, a Messagebox appears, which contains the text "Not implemented." and an Okay-Button. I hope you'll add that soon.
- Is it normal that your speakers are activated when you call someone? It would be nice if you could treat a Skype Call like a normal phone call and therefore use the earpiece or the upper call-speaker (or whatsoever this thing is called) instead of the music speakers
- Could you try to let the phone ring when there's an incoming Skype-Call while Skype is working as a background task? I know, that this may be a hard task, because you can't change the "ringtone" or alert sound for a specific app-notification right now, but please let me now, whether perhaps this is going to be implemented or not.
I really like the app. Respect and thanks to all the developers and others, which helped releasing Skype for Windows Phone. Sry for my bad english.^^
Greets, Mansour Yaacoubi
Windows Phone Information:
# HTC HD7 T9292 (16 GB)
# Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango)
# OS version: 7.10.8107.79