htc hd7 skype app crashing

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

htc hd7 skype app crashing

So, I've been having a problem with VoIP apps In general, but i want to get this working at least. About a month or so ago, i opened up the Skype app and it crashed about 30 seconds later, so i restarted it, same thing, so i just didn't use it for a while to see if maybe restarting it would fix it, it didn't so i reinstalled it, still no dice. So i uninstalled it for good and regularly checked the description of the app to see if they released an update to fix the crash, as well as checked the user reviews to see if anyone else reported crashing, a couple people reported crash on startup, but they still haven't released an update as far as i know, i got it after i had 7.5 already installed, I've changed only one system setting, and it was not before it started crashing, so i know i haven't done anything to make this happen. I'm using a HTC T8788, im quite lost at this point since no one else has reported this issue(i googled it) so it would be much appreciated if someone knows how to fix this, thanks ahead of time.
-Joshua
toadfan321
Casual Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

I'm happy to report that I have found the fix for this on my own. After further investigation I confirmed that it was an issue with a contact, I had to manually delete half my contacts one by one and check if Skype worked after deleting each one till it did, after finding the offending contact I went to people.live.com and restored all the contacts that I deleted, not including the one causing a crash. I hope this helps out anyone else experiencing this issue.
-Josh

View solution in original post
Posted from HTC T8788
toadfan321
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 8 (1,251 Views)

Re: htc hd7 skype app crashing

Really, no one knows how to fix this?
Posted from HTC T8788
0 Kudos
toadfan321
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 8 (1,231 Views)

I have the same problem. After updating the app. It crashes after few seconds after start. I think the problem occurs beause of the new feature (sync of phone book). I have more than 2000 people in my phone book, Skype trying to sync the contacts and crashes.
I have HTC HD7 windows phone 7.5

Please, make the update!
vgkoros
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (1,211 Views)

I have an update, I've been in contact with the developer of a google voice app on the store called metro talk, he sent me a version that sends him debug info so he could inspect what's causing the crash and he said this is what he has concluded

The crash itself is very interesting. As far as I can tell, it’s Microsoft libraries themselves that crash and not the app code, which indicates a bug with the operating system (I need to take a second look at this, but that’s what I got by going over the reports very quickly). I do not have exact data in the report but if I had to guess, it seems that the problem is with the date stored for one (or more) of your contacts.

Now im not saying the same problem is occurring in the Skype app, but since all VoIP apps I've tried to use crash, im kinda making that assumption. If this helps anybody figure out a fix then post it here, thanks again.
-Josh
Posted from HTC T8788
0 Kudos
toadfan321
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (1,168 Views)

Its been almost three months and I have received no support at all, this is becoming an inconvenience for me. Anyone know a fix?
-Josh
Posted from HTC T8788
0 Kudos
toadfan321
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 8 (1,010 Views)

I like Skype so much
Posted from HTC T9292
0 Kudos
abujohari
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 8 (1,006 Views)

I'm happy to report that I have found the fix for this on my own. After further investigation I confirmed that it was an issue with a contact, I had to manually delete half my contacts one by one and check if Skype worked after deleting each one till it did, after finding the offending contact I went to people.live.com and restored all the contacts that I deleted, not including the one causing a crash. I hope this helps out anyone else experiencing this issue.
-Josh
Posted from HTC T8788
0 Kudos
toadfan321
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 8 (975 Views)

Hi. My HTC HD7 is T9292 Skype does not work on it...NO way!

0 Kudos
oregantrail92
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 8 (645 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling