can't hear my voice.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

can't hear my voice.

Just signed up with Skypes and purchased a video and connected it to computer.  I see the picture but cannot hear my voice on the test.  Do I have to download something or purchase something else to get it working.  What about a download or will that affect my windows 7.   Also, it said first call free.  Thought skypes was free?  Please help. Thanks so much.

clairelipper
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 7 (3,006 Views)

Re: can't hear my voice.

I can't hear my voice or the other persons voice
0 Kudos
hlkkane
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 7 (2,746 Views)

Uh, isn't there supposedto be answers to these questions?

RedRock1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 7 (2,523 Views)

I'm the same, today Skype was so bad, I couldn't even hear myself or the other person.  Then a message came up, that something was wrong when I went to the audio test screen. Finally, I made a call to a landline and I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me.  I couldn't hear me either on the call.  Great flaming balls of Crap!!!  It was father's day.

0 Kudos
Eleyan
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (2,388 Views)

Dear Sir/Madam,

When I tried to call my contact on skype from my laptop using Windows 7 Professional, a pop up message said, "this computer has no recording capabilities". However the computer has recording capabilities. I turned on the microphone and tested with skype voice. When i responded to the advice to speak after a beap I did so but later my voice could not be heard. Besides the microphone is producing an irritaing sound and have to reduce volume significantly. WHAT SHOUD I DO?

prhodes
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (1,809 Views)

I'm the same, today Skype was so bad, I couldn't even hear myself or the other person.  Then a message came up, that something was wrong when I went to the audio test screen.

0 Kudos
Jeanchang
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (745 Views)

It's true!  Nobody from Skype monitors this at all!  And it hasn't even recruited power users to provide community support. 

But they still offer this page to mollify us, to make it seem like they care.  They clearly don't.

0 Kudos
RedRock1
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (741 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling