Skype temporary codes

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype temporary codes

I have tried to login to Skype.com and my app on my Windows Phone (7.5) but either my Skype name isn't working or I forgot my Skype name. Either way, I tried to find out my Skype name with the temporary code, but it never worked on my computer or my phone. What should be done to fix this?

0 Kudos
sd173
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (721 Views)

Re: Skype temporary codes

It seems that you have created a Skype name by logging in with a Microsoft account on another platform, in this case you need to use the Microsoft account to log in. On Skype.com sign-in page you need to choose the option to log in with a Microsoft account. On Windows Phone 7.5 there is no option to sign in with a Microsoft account, only Skype account.

To log in on Windows Phone 7.5 you need to unlink your current Microsoft account, create a new Skype account and then link your Microsoft account to the existing Skype account you created. In this case you can use the Skype username to log in on your WP, however, you will in this case not see your Messenger contacts on the WP.

Following FAQ might be helpful in unlinking:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12211/how-do-i-unlink-my-skype-and-microsoft-or-facebook-accounts
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 220
Message 2 of 2 (709 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling