Re: Skype shows me as always online ever since I s...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype shows me as always online ever since I started using it for WP8

A few weeks ago I got a WP8 Nokia, installed skype, and now every time I switch off the wifi it shows me as online and people message me thinking I'm there. I have the internet switched off everywhere, it always shows me as online. I tried reinstalling the app, did not help. The only fix for this right now is clicking invisible every time I want to switch of the Wi-Fi, and then click Online every time I want to be online, and that's just tedious and I forget it all the time. It should show me as offline when I turn my wifi off.

Razon
Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 10 (2,715 Views)

Re: Skype shows me as always online ever since I started using it for WP8

Thank you for your feedback. At the moment you indeed might appear online to your contacts hours after you have switched off Wi-Fi and the only way to avoid this is to change your status manually. We are working on improving how your availability is presented to your contacts.
0 Kudos
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 227
Message 2 of 10 (2,625 Views)

Same thing here on my WP8 Lumia 920, latest version of Skype. Still no change.

Hope you fix it soon. It is very frustrating. At least implement a timeout of some sort...

0 Kudos
QaZw
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 10 (2,257 Views)

Same problem, i have lumia 820!!!

0 Kudos
Pilek
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 10 (1,962 Views)

I have Lumia 620
Posted from Nokia Lumia 620
0 Kudos
Sutherland123
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (1,774 Views)

Hello to all of my friends
Posted from Nokia Lumia 620
0 Kudos
Sutherland123
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 10 (1,770 Views)

Same problem with Nokia Lumia 620 acquired at 12/2013 in Brazil.

Do you already have a solution for this bug or some advice while you're looking for it? It's very annoying! I'm thinking at uninstall it and just use WhatsUp.

0 Kudos
chaser_br
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 10 (1,416 Views)

I've read about this always on "feature". But it isn't. Agree with the others, it's confusing. Everyone is pissed up by me because I'm not answering... At least could you set it to the state of away if Skype is not currently running in the foreground?

Tocsi
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 10 (1,317 Views)

do you really cannot fix this serious BUG after several months?

I'm visible online, but I don't receive messages, because in fact, I'm offline. This make Skype Mobile USELESS, becouse such "online" status is false information to people I know

TogSG
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 10 (744 Views)

As I've requested here, http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-Phone/Ability-to-set-status-to-offline/m-p/1630831, I believe the solution to this would to be provide an ability to explicitly set the phone client offline. Currently I achieve this by signing out of the app, which is inconvinent but does work.

0 Kudos
BGBrereton
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 10 of 10 (717 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling