People Hub/Messaging Crashes after installing Skyp...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: People Hub/Messaging Crashes after installing Skype for WP8 Preview

ryan_gontko wrote:

I hope MSFT & Skype treat this matter with the attention it deserves.  This is a major issue, and it will cause customers like myself to jump over to iPhone.

We are, of course, taking this problem very seriously. You should keep in mind that this is the "Preview"; we are open and up front that this does not have production quality yet.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
0 Kudos
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 310
Message 11 of 28 (1,644 Views)

Since I got my WP8 I've been getting all sorts of crashes on the people hub/messaging/email and one note (all of which require sync). I was getting the syncing problems others describe here too. So I uninstalled Skype, restarted my phone, and guess what? The mail app was completely gone too! I could not find it anywhere or reinstall it. So I had to do a factory reset, again :sad: Anyways. Now I have opted for not installing Skype at all (even though I use it pretty much every day for long distance calling). I hope this gets fixed soon! I dont really want to look for another voip!
0 Kudos
lfgonzalez
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 12 of 28 (1,623 Views)

ifRe: People Hub/Messaging Crashes after installing Skype for WP8 Preview

If its not production quality then it shouldn't have been released. The poor quality of this app has caused WP8 users numerous issues. Skype should be embarrassed by the substandard quality.

0 Kudos
ryan_gontko
Novel Adventurer
Message 13 of 28 (1,617 Views)

Re: ifRe: People Hub/Messaging Crashes after installing Skype for WP8 Preview

It has been released as Beta for exactly this reason to check if there are incompatibilities.

(I suspect that you are no software developer so you don't know how difficult it is to check for incompatibilities during development for such a lot different configurations).

I think we should be happy that they released it as beta for public so we have at least the possibility to use Skype.

If it isn't working for you, you should simply wait for the final version. I think that the Skype developers are doing their best to release it as soon as possible.

Probot
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 14 of 28 (1,614 Views)

Re: ifRe: People Hub/Messaging Crashes after installing Skype for WP8 Preview

ryan_gontko wrote:

If its not production quality then it shouldn't have been released. The poor quality of this app has caused WP8 users numerous issues. Skype should be embarrassed by the substandard quality.

Thanks for your valuable feedback. As has been mentioned, the app is released as a Preview, which by it's very nature means that it's not the final production quality.

As a team we are extrememly proud of what we have achieved so far and we look forward to the Gold release and subsequent future updates.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
0 Kudos
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 15 of 28 (1,608 Views)

I was having problems with the People app and managing and editing groups.

Uninstalling allowed the groups to work again for me as well.

After reinstalling things still seem to be working. I will monitor and report any changes. But so far so good.

0 Kudos
Jazzynupe
Casual Tourist
Message 16 of 28 (1,549 Views)

This is an excellent app and it looks great.  It's jsut not working correctly at the moment. :sad: I set it up on my phone and then my 2 kids phones and then my wifes.  They all have Android and they work just fine.  If you use your MS Hotmail account then it messes up all of your social networking connections so that it keeps resyncing.  I uninstalled Skype and things went back to normal after 3 reboots.  I then reinstalled Skype and made a Skype account anf it didn't effect my networks but now it doesn't run in the BKGND.  I'm guessing that it needs the Hotmail account to do this because it didn't have that issue when i used my Hotmail account.  Please fix this.  It was gret when it was working.  I can still call out but as soon as i leave the APP it has to be relaunched everytime kind of like pre WP8.

0 Kudos
rwoody-7289
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 17 of 28 (1,534 Views)

rwoody-7289 wrote:

This is an excellent app and it looks great.  It's jsut not working correctly at the moment. :sad: I set it up on my phone and then my 2 kids phones and then my wifes.  They all have Android and they work just fine.  If you use your MS Hotmail account then it messes up all of your social networking connections so that it keeps resyncing.  I uninstalled Skype and things went back to normal after 3 reboots.  I then reinstalled Skype and made a Skype account anf it didn't effect my networks but now it doesn't run in the BKGND.  I'm guessing that it needs the Hotmail account to do this because it didn't have that issue when i used my Hotmail account.  Please fix this.  It was gret when it was working.  I can still call out but as soon as i leave the APP it has to be relaunched everytime kind of like pre WP8.

Thanks for your feedback. The background call/chat functionality is not dependent on using a Microsoft Account to sign-in. There are issues that we are aware of in the current Preview build, which we believe that we have fixed and will be available in the next update.

0 Kudos
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 18 of 28 (1,502 Views)

[ Edited ]

Will we ever be notified when the final version is out ? I am talking for us who installed the Beta and uninstalled.

0 Kudos
amyrtaj
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 19 of 28 (1,398 Views)

There should be an announcement on the Skype Blog, but if you have uninstalled the app, then the Marketplace app will not be able to show you that there is an update.

For the record, everyone that has reported this issue that I have discussed it with since has not had the problem after forcing a contact sync, and then reinstalling the Preview.

0 Kudos
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 20 of 28 (1,392 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling