Issue in video call when switching from rear to Fr...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Issue in video call when switching from rear to Front camera

I have observed that in some cases when switching the video call from rear to front cam,and then back and coming back to front cam spoils the image quality and there is a lot of red color in the video. The only option is to stop the call and restart it.

I hope this is something people use regularly and needs to be fixed.

- Rajesh
rcganti
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 6 (858 Views)

Re: Issue in video call when switching from rear to Front camera

Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I will pass the issue mentioned to the product team and they will look into it.

Also, please be aware that this is a beta release and all the features might not yet work properly. Your patience is much appreciated.

----------------------------
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
0 Kudos
peepk
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 37
Message 2 of 6 (844 Views)

Hi,

since I just begun to use Skype on my Nokia Lumia 800, may I please know whether it is possible to switch between the front and rear cameras during a Skype video call on this Windows Phone?

Thank you in advance for your advice how to switch between the front and rear cameras.

0 Kudos
janzach45
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 6 (808 Views)

Hi,

Since the Nokia Lumia 800 does not have a secondary camera, there is no possibility to switch between them.
----------------------------
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
0 Kudos
peepk
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 37
Message 4 of 6 (795 Views)

I miss not being able to switch from my Nokia Lumia 920's Front-facing Camera (2.1 MP) to the Rear Main Camera (7.9 MP) for giving tours or giving instructions. It's helpful to see what your recipient is seeing. I hope Microsoft incorporates this functionality! My previous Lumia 900 was able to do this!

0 Kudos
isnoozu
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 6 (534 Views)

The 2.4 update is now out! Read about it here: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-Phone/Skype-for-Windows-Phone-8-Preview-2-4-Update/td-p/147788... and download it from http://aka.ms/skypewp.

Thanks for your patience :happy:

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
0 Kudos
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 353
Message 6 of 6 (344 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling