Windows Phone Ideas

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Plop-Plop-Mouse

Messenger/MS account & Skype account Merge

by Plop-Plop-Mouse on ‎08-10-2013 10:48
Using Skype on Windows Phone and Surface (as well on my desktop pc) it's now obvious to me that Skype contacts need to be merged with my Messenger contacts.

The duplication on a functional and visual standpoint is just messy and confusing. At least copy the Windows concept of linking if you're not able to integrate contacts.

The log-in for Skype is unintuitive. Maybe it's time to do away with the Skype log in and sensibly switch everything to Microsoft Account log in.

I find the Facebook log in pointless and seems to me just pandering to Facebook. Which is just bizarre. By adding another complication, it's diluting the message or concept of having one account across all services.

Please absorb Skype accounts with MS accounts and scrap the pointless and confusing Facebook log in.
Comments
by Community Manager Community Manager on ‎06-02-2014 12:30
Status changed to: Under consideration

by JoscTr on ‎25-02-2014 05:30

I am surprised to see that this suggestion is under consideration still. To me, of course, it is the other way around. As with Windows 8.1, the Messenger hub should be replaced with Skype. Even more, on Windows Phone the standard Phone app should be replaced by Skype to handle all phone functionality as well. It should also be possible as an option to have Skype handle Facebook messaging in such a way that it is integrated for the contact, i.e. it does not matter if a Contact sends a message through Skype, Facebook, sms, it will all be in the same message thread.

Of course there should be Messenger and Skype account integration, i.e. clear up the current mess.

by Community Manager Community Manager on ‎11-04-2014 20:22

With Skype 2.16 for Windows Phone we went the first few steps towards the full merge of both account types. Read more about it here: http://blogs.skype.com/2014/02/26/skype-for-windows-phone-8-2-16-improved-security-with-microsoft-ac...

by andFishGoBlub on ‎02-05-2014 03:09
Y'all need to move much faster on this
by Plop-Plop-Mouse on ‎14-05-2014 14:25
The problem is that we still get duplicated contacts, see windows phone skype app: One for Microsoft Account and one for Skype. . There should just be one Account/contact and I'm assuming it's this way because there's still a vestige of Messenger hanging around. Of all the Microsoft services, Skype is the slowest!!! It's frustrating! As for the Skype app, if this is to be the single point to go to, the UI and UX definitely needs an overhaul. . The Windows Phone Messaging Hub style needs to be adopted.
by EspHack on ‎27-05-2014 18:55
I strongly agree with this, we need to move forward, only one account to rule them all
Announcements

You can submit your improvement ideas to Skype for Windows Phone quickly and easily here.Learn how

Idea submission tips:

• Only one idea per submission
  • Pick a descriptive title

Top kudoed authors
User Kudos Count

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling