Windows Phone Ideas

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
DisappointedUsr

Bring back Skype Account Login

by DisappointedUsr on ‎06-03-2014 03:18 - last edited on ‎11-04-2014 21:02 by Community Manager Community Manager

Dear Skype, 

Please, bring back the option to login with a Skype account alone. This is no longer possible on Windows Phone and Windows RT. 

Your forcing us to create/use a Microsoft account in order to access our Skype account is unfair and in direct violation with your own Terms of Use License agreement, whereby it states the following:

"4.1 Licence. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are granted a limited, non-exclusive, nonsublicensable, non-assignable, free of charge license to download and install the Software on a personal computer, mobile phone or other device; and personally use the Software through your individual Skype or Qik user account (as applicable) (“User Account”). For the avoidance of doubt, (a) IT administrators working on behalf of a company may download and install the Skype Software onto personal computers or other devices used by personnel of such company; and (b) you are permitted to use the Software at a university or other educational institution, or at work. Skype reserves all rights not expressly granted to you under these Terms.

Your forcing us to create/use a Microsoft account in order to access our Skype account is also discriminatory. Users running Skype on Android, iOS, or Windows Desktop devices are not required to login with a Microsoft account.

Comments
by bwnaylor on ‎21-03-2014 19:47

Not letting me use my Skype login and forcing me to use a Microsoft account is super lame. Thanks for making me flush my Skype credit down the toilet since I can't login in my useless Windows 8 phone, what a joke. Did someone get fired for Windows 8 yet? 

by mudder on ‎03-04-2014 07:33

I totally agree with disappointedusr !!! I just updated skype on my windows phone & when it was done it wanted me to sign in , except now it would not let me unless I used my Hotmail signin & linked my Hotmail & Facebook contacts with my Skype ones !!! It angered me to the point that I uninstalled Skype from my phone until I can sign in with only my Skype sign in !!!! & if Microsoft doesn't get on the ball with their apps by the time my phone contract runs out, I'll be going Android & Google !!!

by lookbothways on ‎23-06-2014 04:56

I find I need to use my Skype login on my phone, and for the Community, but my Microsoft login to access Skype on my PC. What a hoot! After a few login attempts I can usually get it right.

Announcements

You can submit your improvement ideas to Skype for Windows Phone quickly and easily here.Learn how

Idea submission tips:

• Only one idea per submission
  • Pick a descriptive title

Top kudoed authors
User Kudos Count

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling