Re: Unable to access Skype Manager

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to access Skype Manager

I've been unable to access Skype Manager for 8 days now.  My account works fine to log in regularly via the skyep app (to make calls, chat, etc), and I can even login to the skype site to change settings for that account.  I just can't get into the Skype Manager.  When I do, I see an error message (screenshot below) either after I'm prompted for my login credentials, or immediately upon clicking the Skype Manager link if I'm already logged in.

When I chat or email Skype support, they either claim that it's working fine, or they say that a "specialized department" (they always refuse to name the department when I ask) will take care of it and email me.  The email invariably arrive a couple of days later telling me that everything is working fine, and if for some reason it's still not working, I should contact Skype chat support.

I tried reaching out to Claudius at @SkypeSupport via twitter and all I got back from him were these two non-specific and not-helpful tweets:  

@mdavep I just successfully logged onmanager.skype.com in using IE9. Which browser are you using and which error do you see? ^CH

(when I answered his question he did not reply)

-and-

@mdavep Which page are you trying to login? Your web account page is here:skype.com/go/myaccount ^CH

(when I answered his question he did not reply)

My business is suffering as a result of these problems, as I am unable to reassign phone numbers to my sales teams and make changes to my tracked numbers for my ad campaigns.  I'm probably losing about $250-$500 per day that this is not working.

Screenshot:Login Error Skype

mdavep
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (2,695 Views)

We've identified a login problem with Skype Manager and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.
Sorry for the inconvenience (and confusion caused by my follow up tweet).
Unfortunately I can't share an ETA for the fix yet.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13889
Message 2 of 5 (2,642 Views)

Thanks for your response.  As of right now it's still not working for me, hope this gets fixed soon.

mdavep
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (2,612 Views)

Claudius-  I see on http://heartbeat.skype.com/ that there are no login problems being reported.  It's still not working for me, and I am still unable to log in to skype manager.  Has the problem been reported as being fixed?  In which case, why is it still not working for me?

(I tried today with multiple computers, from multiple internet connections, multiple browsers, and after clearing my cache on each one.  No luck)

mdavep
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (2,551 Views)

I see this is dated 6/8/2012... and no answers or replies. This isn't giving me a lot of confidence in Skype Support... or the product for that matter. I have the same problem - I just go around in circles but can not get into the Manager anymore. This is crap...

bozo1701
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (1,483 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling