Reactivate deleted account?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reactivate deleted account?

Last year my previous account was accidentally "deleted" by the Skype Manager. She just wanted to remove me from the group, but unfortunately she also clicked the option to delete the account. At that time I was told by Skype Support I cannot recover my account any more, although it was my personal account before joining the Skype Manager and not the business account created by the Skype Manager.

The "deleted" account is now in some kind of a half-alive state in the Skype database. I am getting e-mails from it if I request some action, for example I can successfully change the password, but I cannot sign into it. The main problem is that it shows up when people are searching for contacts and they pick the "deleted" account which is not usable.

Since Microsoft acquired the Skype later last year, I was hoping somebody from the Skype Support could answer me if anything changed in the meantime and if now this limbo state of the account can be changed. I know the password, it has my e-mail & it was my personal account before joining the Skype Manager. I can provide also other personal information to Support if needed.

It should be either possible to completely reactivate it or delete it from the list of found contacts when searching for a contact.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
mrihtar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 8 (4,707 Views)

Re: Reactivate deleted account?

Hi, mrihtar, and welcome to the Community,

I will research this for you and revert.

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Please use plain text.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1917
Message 2 of 8 (4,690 Views)

Thread transferred to Skype for Business: Skype Manager message board.

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Message 3 of 8 (4,580 Views)

Eliane, did you find some thing about this? I had the same problem, the thing is that in my company we started with a skype manager and created there some accounts, then we decided to use a different skype manager and when we were trying to migrate the accounts from old skype manager to new one, we deleted the accounts from old and now we cannot use the same accounts in the new skype manager, we need to have the same skype names that we deleted, what do you think we can do?
0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
Christian_0
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 8 (4,594 Views)

Hi, Christian_0,

Welcome to the Community, and thank you for the reminder!

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Message 5 of 8 (4,584 Views)

Hello Elaine,

It's been another 9 months (in addition to a year before) and I still don't have any answer. This really shouldn't be so difficult to fix, since the Skype team has now full support from Microsoft. I constantly have to explain to my business partners which of my two accounts is the working one.

I (and I guess some others too :wink: would be very grateful, if somebody fixes this, preferably so that I gain control to the "deleted" account again.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
mrihtar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 8 (3,627 Views)

Hi, Mrihtar,

Thanks for writing again!  After a lot of hunting and digging, here are two options:

• Contact Customer Service again, describing the details of which Skype Manager account your personal account had been added to, and accidentally "deleted" from, and request the account be reactivated or unblocked.   If the account can not be restored, request that all profile details be removed on your behalf.
  • You can now request this account be removed from the search directory, which would put an end to the confusion.  You would need to contact customer service to request this.  More details here: 'Can I delete my Skype account?'

Christian_O,

Unfortunately, the Skype accounts created under the first Skype Manager program "belong" to that program; and like everything else in Skype, the account names are not transferrable to the new Skype Manager account.  Please contact customer service preferably the Customer Service link you can access from the Skype Manager dahsboard, to enquire further.

Best regards, with my embarrassed apologies for the delay in replying,

Elaine

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Message 7 of 8 (3,605 Views)

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Message 8 of 8 (3,359 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling