Re: Convert personal to business account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Again, was posted by others.. thanks for the great GOTCHA for this service.

I would not want to plan my system around a joke like this.  Something so simple and Skype/Microsoft choses to ignore this.

We will continue to go with LYNC 2013 and Office 365 which is designed for business.

There is the alternative.  Use is personally with business and forget the phone numbers.

LOL, this skype is such a joke!  I just tried to post a reply and since I posted one to another thread not only 1 min ago, I was not allowed to post another for 3,600 SECONDS!

Please correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Post flooding detected (community got posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

Isn't that like 1 hour?  good bye...

WizChip
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 41 of 59 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]

I second this...

As a small business i had my own skype account with a skype-in number and voicemail setup to ensure that i could take calls and be efficent no matter where i am.

However as my business is growing, i wanted to add in new people and manage my services centrally. Skype Manager seemed like the tool except, you cant convert/upgrade a personal account.

A quick chat with the LiveSupport told me that i would need to:

- Re-Buy a new number (even though i have already paid for one)

- Setup a new business account (loosing the name people have for me)

- Add additional credit to the tool (which i already have)

So in effect i need to buy everything, again. On-top of that i would need to contact all my customers and such to advise them of a new name-change on skype and a phone number change. This just seems out-right mad to me and misses the point of supporting businesses, sadly not a tool for me and something i will be migrating away from very quickly. 

Tom

TomN
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 42 of 59 (1,516 Views)

Alright, I have finally found more people trying to receive an answer from Skype about this great problem.

I think there's a lot of people, as me, that we started to use skype before creating our own company, so after some years my personal account is saved in a lot of customers, suppliers, etc. So for me it's not interesting to create a new business account as I have to send this news to so many people so that it's easy to understand that I could be offline for a lot of people. I would like to have the opportunity to change my personal account into a business one, and the same situation for my workers who are using personal accounts that really belong to my company, I have talked with all of them and they of course agree to transfer this account into property of my company.

I can't understand why Skype (and so Microsoft) can't deal such an easy situation if my workers agree about transferring property of their account into my company.

I'm very worried about this matter, hope somebody there could fix this great problem for a lot of entrepeneurs.

Have a nice day

Manuel Trigo

MTrigo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 43 of 59 (1,411 Views)

Hello to all,

Thank you for your comments which I have forwarded to Skype.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1602
Message 44 of 59 (1,392 Views)

Currently there is no option to convert personal into business accounts and vice versa. If such account conversion feature would be added we would need it to work two way as people are not only joingin but also leaving businesses. I've forwarded your request to the Skype Manager team who will review and prioritze.

Do I understand you correctly that the main use case for you guys is to be able to assign a Skype Number to that account via Skype Manager?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 14260
Message 45 of 59 (1,355 Views)

Yes, the main is to be able to assign a Skype number. In another word, why not simply convert to a business account if the owner of account is willingly to do so? For my case, a personal user holding a skype number has now joined my company account but the skype number he holds can not be reactivated by administrators since personal account is not able to hold a skype number in the first place under a company account.

farshin
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 46 of 59 (1,294 Views)

Claudius wrote:

Do I understand you correctly that the main use case for you guys is to be able to assign a Skype Number to that account via Skype Manager?

No, you don't understand the problem.

The main case for "us guys" is to be able to:

- Change member’s email and password

- Permanently delete member

- Take back Skype Credit

- Assign member call forwarding

- Set up Caller ID

- Assign member a Skype Number

...according to Skype's description here:

http://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10240/what-is-the-difference-between-a-business-account-and-a-pers...

My most concerning point is, that this topic is being discussed here for more than one year, without any official acknowledgement by Skype.

burlip1
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 47 of 59 (1,209 Views)

Well, I think that Microsoft has different plans for Skype, and the business accounts don't match their ideas.

So they will not come with a solution for us.

Better look for something better on the market...

Tigeen Computing LLC
+41 79 301 15 70
Tigeen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 48 of 59 (1,091 Views)

Yes, I am using Skype manager and I need a Skype number, but currently I cannot have one because I have a personal account. I don't want to create a new business account, I want to keep my Skype name and my contacts.

Very frustrating.

doubleuiam
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 49 of 59 (1,085 Views)

NormanM wrote:

chris_pound wrote:
Can I convert my personal account to a business account?

Chris

Hello Chris,

Yes. Please file here:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

NormanM wrote:

chris_pound wrote:

Chris

Hello Chris,

Yes. Please file here:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

NormanM wrote:

chris_pound wrote:

Chris

Hello Chris,

Yes. Please file here:

According to Skype Live Chat I can't do this - I have the same problem - i have an old personal account which is being managed by our skype manager but which doesn't allow business features.  I need to convert it - i want all my skype info, skype in numbers, etc.  they have been a part of our business for years.  Please tell me how this can be done.

wprensky
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 50 of 59 (615 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling