Re: How to change language in all Skype email comm...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to change language in all Skype email communication

Well apparently support has no clue.I just got another email and it was in French.  L18n and I18n are not new concepts.  Fortunately I think there is legal precedent in the United States that I am not bound by the changes to any legal terms and conditions if I request and am denied information in a language I can comprehend--whether through refusal or gross incompetence. 

Posted from Generic Android
whydoin
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 21 of 26 (1,115 Views)

I signed up for SKYPE in the USA.  I used SKYPE for several years.  Email traffic was in English.  Then I traveled to Japan for several short trips.  Now all email traffic is in Japanese.  How do I get SKYPE to change it back?

jmcleroy
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 22 of 26 (1,090 Views)

signed up in the UK,  always been in the UK.  Never been to China,  ever.  Now my emails are in Chinese?   Don't fob me off with some fantasy tale of it being associated to the country of creation,  as in my case that's ENGLAND where we speak ENGLISH.

Sort it out Microsoft,  Skype is convenient,  but there are other products out there....

ih8modem
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 23 of 26 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]

I constantly get e-mail in Dutch, despite (A) living in an English-speaking country (B) having never lived in the Netherlands (C) having always specified English in my profile. However, in the drop-down list Skype provides, Dutch is right above English. Off by one.

I never had this issue before Microsoft acquired Skype. How embarrassing for Microsoft that they can't get this one simple thing right.

dgcuff
Casual Tourist
Message 24 of 26 (552 Views)

Welcome to Microsoft's software quality!

numedia
Novel Tourist
Message 25 of 26 (398 Views)

i still wana to change language but but can't do

http://sieuthicua.info - The gioi cua cua nguoi Viet
cuago
Casual Tourist
Message 26 of 26 (161 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling