Re: How to STOP translation?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to STOP translation?

Hi,

i want to stop realy anoying and realy poor and bad translator. Write with frinds on few languages and translate is realy bad and sweet...like diabetes.

How can do that-stop translate in Skype?

Why you not have option for that and why you not ask user if want translation or not? You like google now?

Respect Skype, this is perfect program but...that is too much.

Thank you!

dr.Yoga
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (525 Views)

Skype does not offer automatic translation. You must have installed a third part application that is interacting with Skype.

1. Open Skype Options (last entry in the menu "Tool")
  2. Change to the "Advance section"
  3. On the bottom right hand side click on the link "Manage other programs' access to Skype"
  4. Check all the applications listed there and deny their access to Skype if you don't know what they are or waht they do.

Finally you might consider uninstalling the application after you've identified them via above.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13549
Message 2 of 3 (453 Views)

There must be something else, because me and every one of my friends started getting these translations recently, and none of us has any apps with skype api access control, or any running app that could be translating skype. So it must be something built in skype ..

Gape
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling