Re: Belgium Languages

Welcome To get started please read our short introduction.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The language settings are in English, as shown in this post. I still keep getting taskbar notifications in French.

skrequest
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 11 of 23 (1,843 Views)

Which Skype version are you using? Skype for Windows Desktop or Skype for Windows 8 from the Windows Store?

Follow the latest Skype Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 16952
Message 12 of 23 (1,832 Views)

Hello, I use the Windows Desktop version.

skrequest
Novel Adventurer
Message 13 of 23 (1,821 Views)

You will receive taskbar notifications about orders (e.g. recurring payments, automatic credit top-up etc.) in the language you used during the purchase flow.

Follow the latest Skype Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 16952
Message 14 of 23 (1,706 Views)
Highlighted

Yes, payment information is in the language you selected in the account. After that, further notifications remain in that language. Thanks.

skrequest
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 23 (1,694 Views)

I have Dutch referred to but get your emails in French

rob.maaseik
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 16 of 23 (1,385 Views)

Re: Communicatie

sons123 wrote:

Krijg steeds e-mails in het frans van Skype versta ik niet,terwijl dit in het nederlands zou moeten.

Hoe kan ik dit melden dat ik e-mails in het Nederlands wil ontvangen en niet in het frans.

Bedankt.

franki.devooght
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 17 of 23 (641 Views)

Perhaps everyone in the world should get the pop-up.
These days just because you live in a country doesn't necessarily mean that you speak all of the languages, even if you are trying to learn one or two of them. How about India with 23 official languages?
john_bacon
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 18 of 23 (584 Views)

Well I checked that. I have language English and country United Kingdom but still keep getting emails in French.
So the bug is on SKYPE's side and it's high time that it was fixed.
If I'd had this big a bug for this length of time in my software I would be getting serious hassle from my manager.
john_bacon
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 19 of 23 (580 Views)

Yeh, I have the same issue since I use Skype, already many years, I always receive mailings of Skype in FRENCH while my native language is DUTCH, as well my profile language in Skype account.
So like suggested somewhere in this thread, because Skype support no dutch, I changed my profile language from dutch to English. I hope I will receive mailings now in ENGLISH?!

But Skype could add something very useful:

Beside the link in de mailing "Cet e-mail ne s'affiche pas correctement?" and "Se désabonner"

You could add something useful like: "view this mailing in other language"

Rikki-
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 23 (485 Views)

© 2015 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling