31-08-2011 08:09 - edited 15-05-2012 19:35
5. http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full/ (if beta is currently offered)
3. http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-macosx-2.8.dmg (if your computer doesn't support version 5.3)
If you still encounter problems in downloading or running the installers, follow the suggestions pasted below;
1. Try another web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc)
2. Clear the cache of your browser, delete temp files, browsing and download history, or simply reset to default
3. Temporarily disable anti-virus and/or firewall. Just don't browse any other webpage or open any application that uses internet while they are turned off. Immediately reactivate your anti-virus and/or firewall after downloading or installation.
I have same problem but the weblinks to skype mac downloads all blank or just go to original page I downloaded from. Any thoughts?
can you try this one? this is an external file hosting site address.
Ok I have got the latest version .115 but skpye does not sign me in automaticaly as it did and when windows closes down skype closes down but with an error all my friends have the same problem.
I got an email inviting me to download a new version of Skype. Haven't seen the URL linked in the email anywhere else on the web. It's been awhile since I've seen a phishing attempt that made it through my junk filter, so it took me a second to realize how much I really didn't like this link. I won't post it in its entirety, but I thought I should pass this along somewhere. Hope this isn't the wrong place...
It directs to a site that looks reasonable...but doesn't say Skype anywhere. So all of a sudden then it doesn't actually look reasonable at all. No https...yet it says "secure" in the URL. Big red flag.
Thank You for the link..
I downloaded the full version and it says that I'm using v184.108.40.206 and when I click on "check for updates" it says tha there is an update available, I click download, and the process stops on "Initializing", it just won't start downloading the update..Do you have any ideas?
Thank You very much.