Re: where are the message boards???

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hi I am new and am having the same problem....can you indicate how i can find the message boards....would be very grateful 

thanks

skypdomron

skypedomroncom
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 17 (455 Views)

Hi, Skypedomroncom, and welcome to the Community,

The "message boards" are those long lists of topics you see when you arrive at the Community, after reading the introductory post.

Here is a screen shot of the Skype for Computer message boards.  Each of the blue titles circled in orange is a link you can click which will take you to the list of threads (also known as topics or discussions).

Skype Community Message Boards 2014-03-19.png

Here is a screen shot of where to locate the Community's own FAQ articles which describe how to post messages and do all kinds of other things:

Skype Community FAQ link.png

Click on the FAQ type, and you will be taken to the various instructions and tutorials related to using the Community.

Hope this helps everyone find their way around!

Kind regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1939
Message 12 of 17 (443 Views)

you are quite right. i cant find the **bleep** boards to post to either. skype is idiocy

bigdale
Casual Tourist
Message 13 of 17 (285 Views)

On the skype website page, the following does not appear for me:

"Skype Community

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

The blue type short welcome post, is actually a hyperlink - here it is, again, in its usual format:

http://community.skype.com/t5/News-and-announcements/Welcome-to-the-Skype-Community"

(The above  lines are quoted from a previous post)

I haven't been able to figure out from this thread whether the skype community is a help forum where I can ask my questions and wait for someone to give me an answer. 

Thanks.

notavail
Casual Tourist
Message 14 of 17 (271 Views)

Hi, Notavail, and welcome to the Community,

I haven't been able to figure out from this thread whether the skype community is a help forum where I can ask my questions and wait for someone to give me an answer.

Yes, this is what we do here!  :(y):

Here are the steps I used to access the website page depicted in my screen shot:

1. Start at the Skype.com main website.
  2. Click on the Support link, at the top  of the "page."
  3. In the middle of the Support page, click on Skype Community.
  4. The text appears at the top of the new website page which opens:

Skype Community

Welcome to the Skype Community.  To get started, please read

our short welcome post.  Thanks!

5.  When you click on the link in the blue type on the website, you ought to wind up  here (the below screen shot is actually an excerpt, as including the entire content is too large for a single post; please click on this link to see the entire welcome message):  http://community.skype.com/t5/Welcome-and-how-to-s/Welcome-to-the-Skype-Community/m-p/24#M3

Welcome to the Skype Community

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1939
Message 15 of 17 (258 Views)

I am looking for Language topics. Is it forbidden now?

ganbatte7
Novel Adventurer
Message 16 of 17 (203 Views)

EXCELLENT QUESTION.  NOTHING IS EASY, NOT EVEN TO FIND THE MESSAGE BOARD.  

SKYPE, THERE ARE SO  MANY FREE CALLS THAT WILL DO YOU IN.  YOUO NEED TO SHAPE UP YOUR SITE. IT IS SO AGGRAVATING.  A HIGH SCHOOLER WILL HAVE PROBLEMS.  I HAVE A LEGAL BACKGROUND AND STILL, READING IT IS MIND TWISTING.  SWITCHING TO GOOGLE, FREE, AND OTHERS THAT IS EASIER AND FREE, BOTH WONDERFUL SERVICE FEATURES.

CharlotteSonoda
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 17 (134 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling