Re: Moderation-related question.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moderation-related question.

Don't take this as a request, but what trait/skills do people need to be mods?  I was just wondering.

(==========================================================)
You should read these if you have not done so already.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Suggestions-for-this-Community/Community-Guidelines/m-p/20#M1
minecraftingcat
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,419 Views)

Hello and welcome to the Skype community,
thanks for this interesting question.

The most important trait of a moderator is being well-balanced and even-tempered. Because, unfortanately, on every forum community there will be visitors attacking you and your moderation directly because you will be the face of the community and / or company.
In addition to that she or he needs to be able to take a neutral point of view and only follow the guidelines set up for a community regardless of the content of the discussion in a thread.
The third skill is especially important on support communities: You need to have the empathy to be able to take a step back into the position of a new user. When you are using an application for years and are familiar with every nut and bolt you need to be able to moderate a "newbie" question with the same attention as a question coming from an advanced user.

I hope that answers your question. Maybe one of our moderators can share some of his or her own experience as well.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13480
Message 2 of 4 (1,387 Views)

So, if I would like to be a mod What would I have to do?
Posted from Amazon D01400
whatnoww
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (1,279 Views)

Hi,
It's not you finding moderation, but moderation finds you :wink: Joking aside: If we see that a user has contributing positively to the community for a longer time we will approach you.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13480
Message 4 of 4 (1,252 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling