How do I delete a post from the skype community fo...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

How do I delete a post from the skype community forum

Hi

Can you please tell me how to delete my own postage from the skype community forum? I have not found an option to delete a postage only to report. If 'reporting' is the common way to remove a postage from the forum then can you tell me how long it takes until someone responds?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

by Claudius
Hi,
Quick follow up: I had removed the personal information from the the topic in question already two weeks ago.
View solution in original post
RohanChandra09
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 9 (3,529 Views)

Re: How do I delete a post from the skype community forum

[ Edited ]

RohanChandra09 wrote:

Can you please tell me how to delete my own postage from the skype community forum?

Hello,
Only a Moderator can remove a post. I have to have a good reason as to why you require it to be removed. Normanally we only delete posts which violate our Community Guidelines.

SKYPE MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1230
Message 2 of 9 (3,511 Views)

Hi
I understand that you need a valid reason to remove a post. I hope this matter is a valid reason. I accidently placed this letter on a forum page. It was ment to go to customer service.
It is very delicate aspect to disclose bank details. I kindly ask you to remove these letters and help avoiding personal damage.

Thank you.
S.W
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
0 Kudos
RohanChandra09
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 9 (3,504 Views)

Hi,
Quick follow up: I had removed the personal information from the the topic in question already two weeks ago.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10397
Message 4 of 9 (3,423 Views)

I've done the same thing, I intended to send a very provocitave note to my lover however it ended up on my community page and as I am just adding new contacts, it is important that it is not seen by anyone else.:womanembarrassed:

Thanking you in advance Skype gods!

Teresa.

0 Kudos
Sneakyteaky
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 9 (2,752 Views)

Hi, Sneakyteaky,

Please see the private message I have sent to you.

Thaank you,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the "Kudos" button!

Good reads: Devise good passwords, stop password attacks
and basic rules for online safety.
One more! David Pogue's How To Get Hacked in 5 Exciting Steps.
Please review and consider ... Benefits of frequent upgrading
Please, send Private Messages only upon request.
0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1292
Message 6 of 9 (2,745 Views)

I also need a post deleted. I posted twice (my only 2 posts ever) back in December looking for a language exchange, and since I have received so many messages and Skype requests that I'm seriously considering deleting my Skype account because of all the spam. The post was a good idea at first as I did find some people to exchange with, but I just can't have my Skype info up online forever- it's been 6 months and I'm still receiving so many annoying messages. There needs to be a way to delete these posts- it isn't fair to me (or to them, who ought to find language exchanges that will actually accept them and talk to them). 

Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
lang679
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 9 (2,674 Views)

Hi, lang679,

Please see and/or review the post from NormanM, earlier on in this thread. 

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the "Kudos" button!

Good reads: Devise good passwords, stop password attacks
and basic rules for online safety.
One more! David Pogue's How To Get Hacked in 5 Exciting Steps.
Please review and consider ... Benefits of frequent upgrading
Please, send Private Messages only upon request.
0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1292
Message 8 of 9 (2,653 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you wish to have a post edited or removed because you have posted personal information, please be advised that the Skype Community Guidelines state:

"6. No Post Deletion

Please be conscious of what you post in the community and consider that it will be stored permanently for public display. We only remove posts that violate our Community Guidelines. We don't remove or edit posts simply because you 'change your mind', so please consider carefully whether or not you are happy with your post being displayed publicly indefinitely."

As mentioned in the guideline, an exception to the "No Post Deletion" rule can be made if you have, either intentionally or accidentally, violated a Community Guideline in your post.

The Community Guidelines also state:

"7. Personal Information

Please keep in mind that this community is accessible by the public and providing personal information is prohibited. Never post or share with other community members your [or anyone else's]: full name, username, age, date of birth, password, email/physical address, phone number, order number, credit card number and any other private information [this includes your Skype ID]."

So, if your post contains personal information, and you wish to have it removed, then you may notify the moderation team by clicking on the "Options" menu at the top right of your post and selecting "Report Inappropriate Content". When reporting your post, please include a message explaining that you have violated the Community Guidelines by posting your personal information, and that you would like to have that information removed.

We hope that you will all continue to make safe and appropriate contributions to the Skype Community!

-- The Skype Community Moderation Team

0 Kudos
li-gary
Moderator icon
Kudos: 15
Message 9 of 9 (2,648 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling