Forum bug : cannot sign in

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Forum bug : cannot sign in

hi,

when i searched for Skype Forum on Yahoo!, i was directed here.

But when i clicked "login" at the top of the forum, it presented an error saying that a re-direct was being used and that this is not allowed.

i had to copy and past the community.skype.com URL, close the browser, re-open it and then paste it in.

Elaine

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi, francocronje, and welcome to the Communty!

Here is a direct link to the Skype Community: http://www.skype.com/go/community

Regards,

elainem77

View solution in original post
0 Kudos
justin000
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (3,516 Views)

Re: Forum bug : cannot sign in

Sorry we cannot process your sign in request further

• A return address was specified, which is not allowed.
0 Kudos
justin000
Routine Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (3,514 Views)

and this is the URL that the "sign in" button at the top of the forum attempts to re-direct me to:

https://secure.skype.com/login?partner_id=b38bf07d4373f92f5932f9e2887a32e0&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fa...
0 Kudos
justin000
Routine Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (3,513 Views)

Glad you found the Community - Welcome!

Internet research results can vary widely depending upon the particular words used in the search.  As you unfortunately realize, sometimes you find yourself misdirected.  One thing I have learned is that most product or service websites who host their own user-to-user forum or community will provide a link to that community in the Support or Help sections of the website, such as here: Skype - > Support tab on main page -> Ask the experts or Support home page.  To cut the chase, find the site map.

Regards,

elainem77

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1893
Message 4 of 6 (3,509 Views)

how do i fix this?
0 Kudos
francocronje
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 6 (3,440 Views)

Hi, francocronje, and welcome to the Communty!

Here is a direct link to the Skype Community: http://www.skype.com/go/community

Regards,

elainem77

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1893
Message 6 of 6 (3,430 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling