Finding new friends if you are new to skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Finding new friends if you are new to skype

So if the friendship posts have been blocked to beginners, what are the newbies supposed to do to find new friends on skype???

It makes no sense blocking everyone and giving access to the people who most probably have many contacts already. Skype used to be a place to make new friends as well as keep in touch with old ones.

Guess what I am asking is how do I go about making new friends on skype?

eugenerun
Tourist
Kudos: 93
Message 1 of 6 (44,945 Views)

Re: Finding new friends if you are new to skype

Skype's core functionality is communication on different channels. For finding new contacts based on common interest or other topics there are great services on the internet already. Best to find your contacts there and exchange Skype contact details when you feel comfortable.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11909
Message 2 of 6 (44,869 Views)

do U wanna me 2 surf the sites calling if someone want to be a friend no skype!!! will I join sites just for adding friends on skype.. it's too hard job :sad: .....and I tried that and it didn't work
Dead_spirit
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 27
Message 3 of 6 (44,622 Views)

Again: Skype is a tool for bringing people closer, but not for meeting new people. I recommend browsing sites and discussions forums with people sharing your interests. You will eventually find other participants there that want to continue the conversation on Skype. That's when you exchange your Skype contact details.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11909
Message 4 of 6 (44,605 Views)

To find new friends by Skype is my reason I open account, but seems more difficult to access.....specially now that YM and Live Messenger are going for Skype features? Hope Skype made it possible to everyone :sad: 

Regards,

Lil

lil197227
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 29
Message 5 of 6 (42,780 Views)

Yeah Skype... I expected you knowkinda like an area to meet people and ll but I don't even know what the requirements are to get there now that it's blocked... 

Posted from Apple iPad
dillonsosa
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 28
Message 6 of 6 (42,597 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling