screen turns purple

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

screen turns purple

I am currently stationed in Kuwait. I make Skype calls to my wife. She has the Logitech Skype camera hooked up to our tv. We will talk for a few minutes and then her screen turns purple. We can still hear each other for a few minutes then the whole connection is lost. I can Skype with other members of my family no problem. And she talks to her family with no problems but then when we want to Skype, her tv screen always turns purple and then we lose each other. She took the camera back once and the new camera is doing the same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

sharpedad426
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (1,274 Views)

Re: screen turns purple

I have recently had the same issues with my TV cam, but not until I started skyping with my daughter on her new mac. Are you using a mac by any chance?
NanaDee
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 11 (1,231 Views)

Thanks for your report. We are looking into this issue together with our partner Logitech.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12859
Message 3 of 11 (1,181 Views)

I have exactly the same problem. Everything was working fine until my firend updated his Skype version on his Mac computer. Now, every time he video calls me, it works fine for 1 minute then the screen turns purple but audio still works, then after several minutes, everything shuts down.

It's been two weeks now and I haven't seen any update for this camera.

depthhoar
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 11 (1,079 Views)

I have similar problem with the TV cam. When I switch to screen share on my computer the TV screen turns purple and the TV cam freezes and has to be restarted. Screen share did work a few times at first but is now always giving the same problem with the purple screen. I have the latest version of Skype software on both camera and PC.

jastrei
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 11 (1,018 Views)

Hi Claudius, 

We are currently in a Skype call with clients and the Logitech Skype cam was working perfectly for the first 45 minutes and just now the screen turned purple. We can stil hear our client, and they can hear us, but our screen is purple and their picture feed has us frozen. I am scrambling to fix it so we can continue this meeting. Have you all had any luck troubleshooting this yet?

EVKatRIO
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 11 (992 Views)

My wife and I encounter the exact same purple screen issue, she runs the Logitech device and I run a PC.  The problem surfaced around 2 weeks ago.  We use the Logitech Skype device connected to the TV (We appear to have the latest driver).  Prior to 2 weeks ago, this device functioned flawlessly.

purplescreentoo
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (909 Views)

I'm dealing with the same problem. It only occurs when calling some people, with others it is fine. My brother has the TV Cam HD and it works fine when we call each other. When calling our parents it is hit and miss. Very frustrating, especially because we didn't have these problems until recently.
rainmaker002
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (800 Views)

Claudius, do you have a fix for this yet? It has been 6 weeks since your reply. We are trying to use this device for Business and it is very frustrating.

SamLawson
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 11 (785 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm having the same problem.

I'm using Dell-Inspiron laptop. on any other application other than Skype the camera work fine. on skype I see only shades of purple on the screen.

I haven't found any solution to that problem on the web. 

Thanks,

NE1234
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 11 (709 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling