Re: few seconds into a skype call the tv reboots

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

few seconds into a skype call the tv reboots

I have a SONY Bravia Internet TV where when I use SKYPE I am into a call and few seconds later the tv rboots and starts all over again. Am not able to figure out why. When doing a test with Skype Testing center it works alright. Please help.

menonpm
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (878 Views)

menonpm wrote:

I have a SONY Bravia Internet TV where when I use SKYPE I am into a call and few seconds later the tv rboots and starts all over again. Am not able to figure out why. When doing a test with Skype Testing center it works alright. Please help.

You are not alone. I have exactly the same problem with my Sony Bravia KDL-46HX823. It used to work fine with perhaps a very occasional reboot but these days it just happens all the time. I suspect that the last firmware update from Sony changed something that affected Skype, or perhaps it included and updated Skype version that doesn't work well. Who knows? And more to the point, whom do you contact to try and get this fixed, Sony or Skype. I suspect neither will want to accept that the problem is theirs. Anybody else got this problem?

flitzpaal
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (783 Views)

I also have this problem after using skype on the same tv for over a year without any problems. 

In the past fortnight, it connects, and 3-5 seconds into the video call shuts down the skype app, and returns to the tv program. happens repetitively. 

SONY TV KDL 40NX720

Software version - PKG4.022GAA-0104 (which is current version)

Appreciate any thoughts, or assistance. 

M

augellm
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 6 (653 Views)

augellm wrote:

I also have this problem after using skype on the same tv for over a year without any problems. 

In the past fortnight, it connects, and 3-5 seconds into the video call shuts down the skype app, and returns to the tv program. happens repetitively. 

SONY TV KDL 40NX720

M

I seem to have cured the problem by going into the history tab of the TV's Skype app and deleting every single entry. Unfortunately I have not discovered any way to delete all history entries in one go, nor to stop the app recording future history events, so now I just delete the events after every few calls. Since I did this, my Skype calls have worked fine. Hope this helps.

flitzpaal
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (635 Views)

flitzpaal wrote:

[Removed for privacy] wrote:

SONY TV KDL 40NX720

M

I seem to have cured the problem by going into the history tab of the TV's Skype app and deleting every single entry. Unfortunately I have not discovered any way to delete all history entries in one go, nor to stop the app recording future history events, so now I just delete the events after every few calls. Since I did this, my Skype calls have worked fine. Hope this helps.

A belated thanks for your suggestion as it fixes the problem. I notice it does reoccur if there is an unread message, but deleting that entry fixes the problem again. 

Thanks very much. 

Michael 

augellm
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 6 (427 Views)

One of my very close friend also bought  the top model of SONY Bravia Internet TV and he is also facing the same problem. I think Sony should do something in respect of the quality.

molie1388
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 6 (271 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling