bad sound on samsung smart tv

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

bad sound on samsung smart tv

Hi I have had a Smart Samsung TV for 4 months now, suddenly in the last month the sound quality is appalling!! It has become necessary to revert to using computer which is far superior quality. Having had Skype account for a number of years. Can not understand in this day and age why a company like yourselves can put out such bad quality and not come up with answers or reasons. Smart TVs are moving forward and the next generation of Technology is moving forward and Skype is not moving forward in all modes ie computers (ok) ipads (ok) smart tvs (rubbish).  Come on Skype move forward and please start answering this questions which are coming from your users

gg57
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 60 (5,727 Views)

Re: bad sound on samsung smart tv

Ok.so skype can use in tv also.That simply new to me.I will try that definately.

gravity
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 60 (5,675 Views)

I am sorry to hear you are having audio problems with your Samsung TV.

Skype on your TV goes through a rigorous testing and Certification program to ensure that you are receiving the best possible audio and video experience.

Can you please explain your audio setup and confirm which Samsung TV camera model you are using.

JKTol
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 9
Message 3 of 60 (5,643 Views)

Re: bad sound on Samsung smart tv

I am sorry to hear you are having audio problems with your Samsung TV.

Skype on your TV goes through a rigorous testing and Certification program to ensure that you are receiving the best possible audio and video experience.

Can you please explain your audio setup and confirm which Samsung TV camera model you are using.

JKTol
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 9
Message 4 of 60 (5,642 Views)

I have exactly the same problem after update to 2.0.
samsung es8000

Figar
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 60 (5,557 Views)

Sounds the same as my issue I have described here along with details of tv model software versions etc.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-on-your-TV/Skype-sound-quality-very-bad-after-upgrade-to-2-0-on-...

It's not my Internet link. I use a Skype dect phone for all my business calls/ conference calls perhaps for 20 hours every week and the quality is still great, unlike my smart TV which is now unusable.

I can make a YouTube video of the quality issue if you want, I can show it side by side with my iPad which has no problem.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Towy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 60 (5,547 Views)

this kind of issue is really annoying, and it certainly the tv, I´ve used a pc, iphone, nexus 7 and they are all getting the same issue, receiving a echo from the smart tv and worse tv quality sucks after the latest update.

Not sure how is this even possible
alankstiyo
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 60 (5,512 Views)

I am using Samsung ES8000 TV. Both Video and sound quality were excellent before recently Skype version 2.0 automatically upgraded. Now, the sound quality is very poor and hope anyone can tell me how to restore the old version Apps for my TV.

kandysung
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 60 (5,506 Views)

hi kandysung, i have exactly the same problem. samsung es8000 worked perfect on skype both video and audio, skype automatically updated to version 2.0 now i cannot use it due to poor audio quality. so much for smart tvs. would also like to take a step back to the older version. sorry i dont have an answer but its good to know its not something i have done, it seems theres quite a few of us suffering after the last update. roll on version 2.1
nuddy
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 60 (5,480 Views)

Is there any way to uninstall it? Maybe with that it can ne fixed
Posted from Apple iPhone
alankstiyo
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 60 (5,475 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling