Video calling with Samsung smart TVs

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Video calling with Samsung smart TVs

[ Edited ]

I've just bought a Samsung D6530 smart TV. Problem is that people I call can't activate their cameras so I can't see them and they can't see me. Could this be a firewall problem? There don't seem to be any settings on the TV that I can change for this?

IainD
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 18 (4,411 Views)

Re: Video calling with Samsung smart TVs

I have the same problem and have not been able to resolve it.  I have my TV connected to the modem via lan cable and everything else works fine (internet etc).  Only when i make or recieve a skype call all we get is voices, no video.  We can see ourselves in the call, but not the other person and they cannot see us.  We are using the Samsung TV camera....

Any recommendations!

jpgianca
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 18 (4,346 Views)

I have the same problem,I bought this state of the art Samsung D6530 in the hope that one of the advantages would be chatting to my friends and family in the comfort of the lounge on Skype but I am experiencing the following:- 

•  I can connect, no problem.
  •  I can see myself in the window on the TV screen.
  •  I cannot see my friends and they cannot see mevebut we can hear each other
  •  I can call my TV from my laptop  and it works perfectly !!
  •  Differences... My laptop uses Vista, my friend in New York uses Mac, my family in  London use Windows.
  •  I went back to the store that supplied the TV and they said that they have heard of this problem and the way around it is check that the people you are calling have Skype 4.2 for windows or Skype 5.0 or higher for Mac.

I would be interested in your comments.

rolex472
Tourist
Message 3 of 18 (4,273 Views)

I to have the same problem TV connected via lan, orginal UK samsung skype camera, 6530TV...everything works perfectly up until the video link not coming on, voice is clear, can see myself on the camera...but in the top right corner i have only one red bar, i guess this is the broadband speed, at first i thought the bandwidth was the problem...but i can't prove it, seems it may be more than that from the above posts...all ideas welcome

gnardini
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 18 (4,251 Views)

I have the same issue with my UE55D8090 Samsung smart TV plus CY-STC1100 Skype camera. Audio works brilliant, video calling is not available, although I see myself in the Skype app on the TV. My counterpart uses a Mac with up-to-date Skype version 5.3.0.1093 on it. Has anyone solved the problem in the meantime or has new hints?

Newsflash
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 18 (4,096 Views)

Has anyone found a solution? I have exactly the same problem with a Samsung 6300 Smart TV -- great voice , see myself, no video to the person I'm calling and they don't see me either. It did work when I spoke to someone who was using an i-phone.

barbararob71
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 18 (3,709 Views)

Try a different USB port.

mohtfan66
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 18 (3,703 Views)

I have exactly the same problem with my Samsung 6300 Smart TV purchased in October 2011. When I place a call to some of my contacts, the audio works well, I can see myself in the screen window (so my camera is working) but I cannot see them and they cannot see me. I did make a call to a friend who was using an i-Phone, and the video worked with them. Does anyone have a solution? I called Samsung, and they told me that I was "doing everything right" and that I should contact Skype -- but I haven't been able to get through to a staff person to address this issue.

barbararob71
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 18 (3,689 Views)

Samsung is responsible for de Skype app, not Skype. Skype only delivers networkaccess.

gerard-corbier
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 9 of 18 (3,667 Views)

I too have a D6350 and a CY-STC1100 and they work fine - except many of the features I want to use on Skype are not present in version 2.0, for example auto answer.  I'm about to install the Firmware upgrade so I let you know if any thing improves.

When you call Samsung to discuss the Skype application, they correctly refer you to Skype.

Why would Samsung service another companies application?

Skype on TV is the logical way to go - but all the features should be available.

Ricky_Dee
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 18 (3,573 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling