Re: Skype on Panasonic Viera TV

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype used to work fine for one year but now suddently i have problems accepting calls from the tv. I can still make video calls initiated from the tv normally. Anybody has any idea whats happening and how to solve this?

AZ

elite12
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 21 of 29 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]

elite12 wrote:

Skype used to work fine for one year but now suddently i have problems accepting calls from the tv. I can still make video calls initiated from the tv normally. Anybody has any idea whats happening and how to solve this?

AZ

To receive calls I believe you might need to forward a port in your router, to the TV, and in the advanced settings in the Panasonic app set the Incoming Connection Port to that port number.

d.r.
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 22 of 29 (569 Views)

Thanks for the reply. The strange thing is that i did not change anything in the router for over a year now. The problem started out of the blue one day. The TV is discoverable in SKYPE, it can be called, (that means that packet should be transferable to the TV from the router) but when i accept the connection before any communication is established skype crashes in the TV. 

elite12
Novel Adventurer
Message 23 of 29 (563 Views)

That is strange. Maybe Panasonic tech support?

d.r.
Casual Adventurer
Message 24 of 29 (559 Views)

i have the Viera ZT 65 with the same Panasinic cc20 camera, both new, late 2013. I have exactly the same issue, it worked perfectly exactly one time, then never again. I always get the Sorry, there's a temporary problem, try again later. Well, it never works later. When i disconnect the camera it tells me that i can only use Skype in demo mode, so it does sense the camera. The TV did some firmware updates when i first installed it. The TV is hard wired to the ethernet (Comcast Business class) - I know there's plenty of throughput and no network issues.
This seems to be a common problem that everybody knows about, so it seems that Skype and/or Panasonic just don't give a **bleep** about fixing this at all. Too bad we all paid for hardware that is just so much crap.
There doesn't seem to be a fix anywhere, if it's there, can someone tell me where you found it??
Why does nobody give a **bleep** about this??
Posted from Apple iPad
edclausen
Novel Adventurer
Message 25 of 29 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]

edclausen wrote:
... I always get the Sorry, there's a temporary problem, try again later. Well, it never works later... 

I had a similar message. It never fixed itself. I had to enter details in my profile on the Skype website to resolve the error on our 2013 Panasonic TV. The error message itself, I think was not a helpful message, since it was incomplete profile information that apparently stopped the Skype app on our TV from logging in.

d.r.
Casual Adventurer
Message 26 of 29 (515 Views)

Me too. My Panasonic E6 TV will not let me into Skype. No-one seems to be bothered. Message to SKYPE - SORT THIS OUT NOW. WE ARE ALL SICK OF THIS SO CALLED NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR WHICH WE PAY GOOD MONEY AND IT DOESNT WORK. LETS HAVE SOME ACTION NOW!!!

johnboy2
Novel Adventurer
Message 27 of 29 (473 Views)

I'm with you.  CC20W camera works fine away fm 55GT50, so Panasonic concluded it's a Skype issue.  Unfortunately I've not been able to find a live, breathing soul to speak to to rectify the matter.  ISP guys are tired of hearing me vent on this issue too - all operating parameters are nominal, so that's not the problem either.

SOMEBODY HELP!!

ADHoc
Novel Adventurer
Message 28 of 29 (390 Views)

Obviously no one in the Skype "organization" pays attention to the Community Page.  So I   shouldn't be surprised that their time estimates to wait for a chat opportunity (18 minutes) would be exceeded by a factor of 4!!  Glad I don't have investments in this outfit - other the time and money I've spent trying to use their software as they heavily promote.

Anybody been able to identify the President and CEO of this lot??

ADHoc
Novel Adventurer
Message 29 of 29 (339 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling