Skype on Panasonic TV Update Problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype on Panasonic TV Update Problem

We have a Panasonic TC-P58VT25 (2010 model).  Skype had been working well on TV, although video quality was marginal.  Today we were prompted to update Paansonic firmware to 3.72 which included a new version of Skype.  Now Skype will not work.  I get the loading circle, see our home screen for a brief second and then the program just stops working and kicks us out to Vierra Connect (used to be Vierra Cast) main menu.  When someone tries to call us, we are prompted to answer call, do so and then the program stops working.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreicated. 

grubens
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 40 (4,616 Views)

Re: Skype on Panasonic TV Update Problem

Does Panasonic has a support area/forum that you can see if maybe they have a hotfix for this and/or a beta version to fix this issue?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 2 of 40 (4,615 Views)

It does not, as I far as I know (and I have looked).  The only support I have ever found for Skype on the TV has been through Skype's forums.

grubens
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 40 (4,612 Views)

Have you tried to do a search, using the search engine of your choice, for something like this:

Panasonic forum

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 4 of 40 (4,610 Views)

I have exactly the same issue.  I went to Panasonic, whose response was "call Skype". 

Problem: 

On August 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM, matt.skomal@gmail.com wrote:

Skype has been working fine for a year. Today after a call, it stopped working properly. Skype starts to load but as soon as it hits the main Skype screen it shuts down and returns to the VieraCast homepage. I have the current firmware installed. (I checked.) My network test passed just fine. All other apps work fine. Can you assist?

Madmatter
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 40 (4,601 Views)

I have exactly the same problem

SydthePuppy
Tourist
Message 6 of 40 (4,562 Views)

I have had a Panasonic TV with Viera Cast, now Viera Connect, for almost a year.  The Skype app does not work when you are either calling or receiving calls from Mac users.  It works with "PC" calls.  

bmfc1
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 40 (4,559 Views)

The mac problem was solved a while ago with a more recent vresion of the software for macs.  If the mac user you are trying to communicate with downloads the latest version of Skype it should solve your problem.

grubens
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 40 (4,553 Views)

Thank you grubens.

bmfc1
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 40 (4,551 Views)

I have the same problem.  Updated Viera Cast to new firmware and Skype stopped working.  Does anyone know the solution?  It is the only program that doesn't work in Viera Cast.

rjh4bz
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 40 (4,373 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling