Skype for google TV

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Skype for google TV

Actually Skype with video chat works fine on my Motorola Xoom tablet running Android

4.x (Ice cream sandwich) It also worked before I upgraded from Honey comb.

jimhenry2000
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 36 of 47 (4,177 Views)

I am selling my google TV since it doesn't have skype. I can't force everyone to switch to google TV so that we can chat. Even Apple TV supports skype!

FatMixG
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 37 of 47 (3,626 Views)

I would really like it also.  Logitec is good ( great - but expensive camera) by doesn't have same capabilities and my family already has Skype.

jpetro
Novel Tourist
Message 40 of 47 (2,866 Views)

Pleeeeeease Skype on Google TV! Skype is a great tool, Google TV also! Please let us use it together! I dont care if I have to pay for expensive camera on my Logitech Revue, sice I can use it with Skype!!

Caefoto
Novel Tourist
Message 41 of 47 (2,751 Views)

are you guys ever gonna make an app for google tv you guys are so slow and updating things and apps

RTJ1992
Novel Tourist
Message 42 of 47 (2,252 Views)

Re: Skype for Google TV

I suspect that we'll never get Skype on Google TV only because Skype now is part of Microsoft and they don't really want to develop anything for their competitor which is Google. I have Logitech Revue Google TV - no Skype just Logitech VID app. Now, Logitech discontinued their VID app because it wasn't popular like Skype. I bought LG55GA7900 which is one of the latest 2013 models with Google TV in it and still no Skype. On a flip side, LG has Smart TV's with Skype application as long as there is no Google TV near :womanfrustrated:

Erieman1
Novel Adventurer
Message 44 of 47 (1,156 Views)

Re: Skype for Google TV

Best advice, call Logitech ( like I did ) and tell them that your $149.99 Logitech TV Cam is worthless because they discontinued their Logitech VID software and it worked only with Logitech Revue. They offered me to replace my Logitech TV cam for their Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 or Logitech TV Cam HD, which is designed for use with Skype only at no additional cost. They will send you a shipping label for your return and as soon as they receive your camera they'll process order and send you new camera. I picked Logitech TV Cam HD because it has Skype software already and you can use it with any TV's as long as you have a HDMI port and fast internet. 

Erieman1
Novel Adventurer
Message 45 of 47 (1,153 Views)

It's Dec 2013, over 2 years since this thread started. I just bought 55GA7900 google TV. I know Google rebranded, I know skype is now microsoft, but I did not expect for one moment that skype will not be part of google TV. Had I known I would have bought something else

My only question is - what's the reasoning behind this ? if it's politics then blah, you neglect paying customers (lots of them) for this ?

If it's technical - fire your devs because it's not hard to port skype to google TV if you really want

So where is the one thing that everyone is asking for and is not too hard to get ?

DorJ
Novel Adventurer
Message 46 of 47 (326 Views)

Google tv

[ Edited ]

We neeed skype on google tv right nooooWwwWww. Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls. :happy:

EDIT : title/message case changed.

chrissy4721
Novel Tourist
Message 43 of 47 (497 Views)

Re: Google tv

I second that, skype is missing from google tv, "needed" is an understatement

DorJ
Novel Adventurer
Message 47 of 47 (160 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling