Skype for google TV

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Skype for google TV

Guys.

I have created an online petition so that Google, Skype and Logitec will see the number of people that need Skype for Logitec Revue.

Petition to Skype, Google and Logitec Revue on creating a Skype version for Logitec Revue

The more you sign it, the more these people will start listening and maybe we can use this for a class action.

Thanks

mercasper
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 24 of 47 (7,169 Views)

I agree Google needs to step it up a knoch and reformating apps for Google TV (Sony not logitech.).

You can buy a webcam for a Sony TV from sonystyle for like $50 but it only works with the Sony skype compatible TV's unless its a USB cam. Please Skype add support for Google TV! or it goes to Google Talk and Voice.

blakehorsy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 26 of 47 (6,877 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have successfully sideloaded Skype for Andriod on my Revue Google TV. It installs fine and loads fine BUT it crashes the moment I try to sign in.

It looks so cool on TV. That's Skype in Full Wide Screen.

Hope some one figures out how to make it work, even if chat only.

FYI: Yahoo Messenger works fine. Each time someone messages you, you get the message on TV while not in the application and watching Cable TV. Very impressive. Only chat works, no Audio/Video.

For Skype, if I were you I'd put Skype on each and every Platform. It's a stiff competition with Viber, Tango and other Apps. Don't miss the chance. Be there, everywhere. PS3 and PS Vita deserve special attention...

Al2000
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 27 of 47 (6,673 Views)

Actually, it would not be silly to configure for multiple TVs. How many manufacturers do you think there are? 1 billion? Furthermore, the configuration is one time in nature. At a minimum, just two of the three players (Logitech, Google, Skype) could agree on a common OS.

hill10003
Novel Tourist
Message 28 of 47 (5,981 Views)

<Sigh>

The technical reason Skype doesn't run on GTV is largely because GTV runs Honeycomb-the tablet OS. Skype (AFAIK) doesn't yet run on that version of Android, because it's a stop-gap OS, modified from the original fork of Android to support tablets, only until a common OS for ALL devices is released (Ice Cream Sandwich).

Skype had little motivation to develop for a limited-production OS, on limited devices of which many wouldn't be able to utilize Skype anyway (lack of microphone or video, WiFI only devices that were mobile, etc).

I'm sure, once everyone upgrades to Ice Cream, Skype will be motivated to dev a new version that's at least stable on Ice Cream.

THEN, if Google blocks the install on GTV, you'd still be able to sideload.

BobbityBobBob
Novel Tourist
Message 29 of 47 (5,779 Views)

I would love to have Skype onmy Sony blueray google tv. Skype/google please make it happen. You will get alot more customers.
Sjoy74825
Novel Tourist
Message 30 of 47 (5,649 Views)

I talked to tech support at sony and they said blueray BDPS780 is skype installed and ready and can be used with the sony internet tv

foxxx12333
Novel Tourist
Message 31 of 47 (5,643 Views)

We purchased 6 Logitech Revue Systems for the sole purpose of using the internet and web calling for Christmas just to learn we must have purchased the last 6 in the State of FL.   Apparently Logitech no longer supports or is selling these systems.  Would have been nice if someone had informed us of that fact prior to our purchase.  We love the system however, now we are looking to find a compatible system whereby other friends and family members can join in our world of web calling via web cam Logitech Revue -Google TV

Margarita10065
Novel Tourist
Message 32 of 47 (5,050 Views)

I just learned, if you don`t like troubles --> buy an Apple product, firmware support even for older products, working the same way like other apple products, apps are tested and virus free, they produce what customer wants, can use and make their lif

proudmama24 wrote:

We would love to have an application for Google TV I would use it for my family!! Do you know if one is coming out for Google TV?

Thanks

proudmama24 wrote:

We would love to have an application for Google TV I would use it for my family!! Do you know if one is coming out for Google TV?

Thanks

e easier. Probably the first tech company who understood.

SonyNSZ46GT1
Novel Tourist
Message 34 of 47 (4,250 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just learned from Sony the reason why we can't Skype on the googletv, is because either one or both companies are being **bleep** about it and they cant'get together on an agreement. I still say we need to investigate if there are any legal grounds for legal action, like a Class Action. If there is a layer out there who has some free time GO FOR IT.

stevenruzumna
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 35 of 47 (3,674 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling