Sign in problems on TV

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sign in problems on TV

[ Edited ]

We've recently received some reports of some users having trouble to sign in on their Skype supporting TVs (Panasonic TC-P55VT50 and similar). The Skype app on the TV will not accept a prefectly valid login that works fine when used elsewhere (e.g. on desktop Skype clients or the Skype web account page) with the error "Failed to synchronize with CBL".

UPDATE (21.08.2012): As a temporary workaround please login to your web profile page and enter date of birth and gender information there.

UPDATE 2 (20.09.2012): We've fixed the sign in issue via an update on our end. If you are still facing sign in problems on your TV, please create a new message.

We are looking into this and are confident to provide a permanent fix soon.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13472
Message 1 of 33 (7,209 Views)

Re: Sign in problems on TV

Hello Claudius,

Thank you for the update.  I wanted to let you know that the particular error message you mention is not the same that I am receiving with a new 2012 model Panasonic VT50 and new Panasonic camera.  Although the symptoms are the same.  I get a rather generic login error stating that there is a temporary condition and to attempt my login later.  Perhaps they are related but I wanted to let you know.

Thank you,

James

0 Kudos
JKM
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 33 (7,189 Views)

Thank you for the information. We think it's the same issue - it is still being investigated, sorry for the inconvenience.

/Simon

0 Kudos
SimonW
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 8
Message 3 of 33 (7,178 Views)

I also have the same problem on Samsung Smart Tv. :sad: please solve it soon!! thanks!!

0 Kudos
steffi1411
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 33 (7,172 Views)

Is this error related to cannot sync your contact list?

I was using skype last weekend (Sunday) showing a new user how to use skype. when I went to cal another skype user my panasonic tv, clicked off of skype and said can not sync your contact list, it has now been this way for a week no matter how many times I re- log onto skype. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cin67318
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 33 (7,156 Views)

I have an older skype account and have now created a new one for my family.
The old account has no problems signing in to skype on my Samsung tv, but when I try the new account, will it not log in....

Hope you find a fix for this very soon :wink:

0 Kudos
famteigen
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 33 (7,115 Views)

I've also got the same problem with my new Samaung 8000 series TV, when I enter my user name and password, it just seems to be stuck in a loop trying to log in....there are no error messages.

rennie1906
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 33 (7,073 Views)

It's been a while now... any progress???
0 Kudos
Vince29
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 33 (7,052 Views)

[ Edited ]

As a temporary workaround please login to your web profile page and enter date of birth and gender information there.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13472
Message 9 of 33 (7,009 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey Claudius,

This is confirmed working for me now. Thank you!

Now that the first issue is solved, can you have a look at the issue related to camera settings here?  Now my video is gone.  :sad:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-on-your-TV/Hit-reset-button-on-video-settings-and-now-video-is-t...

0 Kudos
JKM
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 33 (6,955 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling