Re: SKYPE issues on Samsung SMART TV

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Have Samsung model PN51F8500AFXZA Smart TV -Skype worked fine until I had router issue, replaced router , using wired ethernet cable to tv .  I noted when I was on my home computer after router replaced a skype update was sent through .  I started the tv after the new router installed and everything works but Skype . You click on  Skype and it just shows loading ......   , nothing else and it does not stop trying to load . In reading some of the other notes here in the Skype Community - I updated my profile & the tv has its own camera .   I think this had something to do with the upgrade by Skype . Can anyone help ?

luke7111
Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 31 of 58 (3,791 Views)

Hi I have samsung tv ua55d700 and skype not working after some time
I try to reinstall again and again but not working from long time
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
smarttvsamsung
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 32 of 58 (3,696 Views)

I also have a problem with skype now on my Samsung  UE46ES6710 Smart TV.

I'm trying to sign in into my account and I see just endless "sign in" rotating icon. If I intentionally enter invalid password, it tells me immediately, that I've entered the wrong password, but as soon as I enter the right one - I get the endless loop of sign in. I've tried to reinstall skype - that doesn't help. What is wrong and how to fix it? I use my TV for skyping, it is important for me.

I hope this will be shortly solved.

Orlangur
Novel Adventurer
Message 33 of 58 (3,662 Views)

I bought samsung F6400 46" skypr doesnot work.. A cirvle appears and the screen says 'loading' for even an hour..
Help or fix this please
Posted from Samsung GT-P6200
ahmedqadri
Novel Adventurer
Message 34 of 58 (3,587 Views)

I have a ue46es8000 and tryed everithing possible to solve this by my self. My wifes skype account can sign in with no problem but i cant with mine. I have completed 100% of my account inputing every possibe information about my self and still nothing.  With my account it goes to "signin in ..." and stays like that for hours.

Please help

disco_kiza
Novel Adventurer
Message 35 of 58 (3,533 Views)

Skype on Samsung TV seems to be horrible for a lot of people. Me too, Samsung UE46F8090, good connection, other apps work, has camera/mic, reinstalled app already. Skype Account has birth date and name set.

Can't get past "Signing in..." screen. Please, PLEASE figure this one out.

GermanMG
Casual Tourist
Message 36 of 58 (3,510 Views)

I have this same issue!! I really hope that they fix it soon!!!

windowsrules
Novel Tourist
Message 37 of 58 (3,408 Views)

Same problem for me. Please add a updated Skype app on SmartHub
I have the UE55ES8005XXE with SEK-1000 Evolution kit. Last firmware is 1005
( Skype worked perfectly after installation of Evolution kit was completed (even better than without the evolution kit))
Posted from Apple iPad
gormnass
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 38 of 58 (3,350 Views)

My problem is finally solved. I don't know, on what side was the problem, and what caused it to disappear, but now I can log-in into skype without problems on my Smart TV.

Orlangur
Novel Adventurer
Message 39 of 58 (3,253 Views)

Hi everybody!

I got Skype on the ue46es7000 and I do can connect to Skype on my smartphone, but somehow there's no video chat available, only audio! My smartphone is an Acer Liquid E2 with the latest skype version.
Posted from Apple iPad
JonnDoe
Novel Tourist
Message 40 of 58 (3,230 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling