Re: Panasonic Blu Ray Player & Freetalk Conference...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Panasonic Blu Ray Player & Freetalk Conference webcam

I purchased the Panasonic Blu Ray Player and Freetalk Conference webcam combo through the accessories link on the Skype website ($249). When I hooked up the system and tried to use the Skype feature only the audio would work (i.e. no video). I connected the webcam to my pc and confirmed that both the audio and video of the webcam was operational (using it with skype on my pc). I confirmed that I am using the most recent firmware on the Panasonic blu ray. Anyone else having this problem or know a solution?

Panasonicwoes
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 45 (3,984 Views)

Re: Panasonic Blu Ray Player & Freetalk Conference webcam

Same problem here. DVD player is updated to 1.7 firmware. Mic works on the cam just no video. I plugged the freetalk into my computer and mic and camera work fine. Let me know if you find a solution.

mopwr
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 45 (3,690 Views)

I put a call into Panasonic's Tech Support and they were unable to figure out a solution so the case was escalated to their research team. They said that they would get back to me in two weeks....

Panasonicwoes
Routine Adventurer
Message 3 of 45 (3,644 Views)

same problem here, I just bought a new 210 bluray and it doesnt work, spke to tech and they had no idea? Did the camera work fine before the firmware update for you?

I would like to know that I at least bought the correct stuff.

Thanks

scharlish
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 45 (3,625 Views)

The blu ray player automatically updated to the latest firmware before I could try the freetalk webcam. Panasonic tech support says that they do not provide support for the camera function, the freetalk manufacturer support has no solution to the problem and Skype support does not provide support for hardware issues and recommends contacting the manufacturer. Classic case of nobody knows whats wrong and nobody wants to take responsibility for the issue.

Panasonicwoes
Routine Adventurer
Message 5 of 45 (3,527 Views)

I'm having the same problem, except it's telling me that it doesn't find a camera attached at all.  I've got a Panasonic Blu-Ray player connected to a Sony TV. 

karlabradley
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 45 (3,501 Views)

I am still working with the Freetalk tech support as the Panasonic support is very unhelpful and unwilling to actually do some research on this issue. The Freetalk tech support beleive that the issue is likely with the Firmware version 1.70 for the Blu Ray player. They have reached out to Panasonic and asked them to check into the Firmware to see if it is the problem so hopefully when one of their business partners asks them to do something they will actually do it.

Panasonicwoes
Routine Adventurer
Message 7 of 45 (3,425 Views)

Bought two complete systems through SKYPE via Ebuy now and have exactly the same problem everyone else is having. This is a huge rip-off.

I am very disappointed that there is no customer support for a bundled product that is designed to advance the use of Skype in the average home. It makes all three providers look bad: Skype for marketing it, Panasonic and Freetalk for not delivering a product that works as advertised.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT.

redye
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 45 (3,342 Views)

Yes,

Same problem for me and my new Blue-ray Panasonic player.  Clearly we have a software issue.  The camera really does give you a quality picture on a PC.  I would give it some time for this to be worked out.  In the mean time will be sending it back for credit.  Also, communicating with Freetalk "support" to find out why they sent me model 7181 when their spec sheet shows model 7182?  Maybe old stock?  See link below:

http://freetalk.ebuynow.com/media/downloads/15/7182_40_1.pdf

fjl_jr
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 45 (3,288 Views)

Yes, I am having the exact same problem.  The Skype website specifically said that the Panasonic blu-ray player was compatible with the freetalk conference webcam.  I have audio, but no video.  I will return both tomorrow.  This is terrible.

hvhightower
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 45 (2,985 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling