PROBLEMS BEING ABLE TO USE SKYPE ON MY TOSHIBA SMA...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

PROBLEMS BEING ABLE TO USE SKYPE ON MY TOSHIBA SMART TV

Hi, I would like to ask why I am not able to sign into skype on my TV, I have had no problems doing this and have used it dozens of times to speak to my son in australia, but for the last 6 weeks I have not been having trouble accessing skype. It will take me to login and ask for my password and as soon as I input my password and try to sign in the TV goes to a black screen, from which I cant do anything with other than to switch off from the wall and restart the tv. I have spoken to Toshiba and they've told me that this is a problem that a lot of people with smart tv's are having since microsoft took over skype apparently it's something to do with the skype's server not recognising the connection from smart tv's? Is this true and are skype going to do something about the problem, I have spent a lot of money buying this Tv and also a compatible webcam and I am very disappointed that I can no longer use them anymore.

anitab56
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (375 Views)

Re: PROBLEMS BEING ABLE TO USE SKYPE ON MY TOSHIBA SMART TV

hi, 

I am facing the same problems. Bought a Toshiba TV for my parents yesterday. 

Liked the idea to have them use skype, bought an additional camera but it only logged me in once, and then went black. Nothing after that.. Even reset the TV and tried again. Same problem. Screen goes black when selecting Skype and not response...  except a lot of frustation...

Not even sure if and how it would be possible to reinstall skype on the TV? 

Any advice??

Nicole

Nicole40
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 4 (351 Views)

Hi, thanks for your msg, I am afraid I haven't got any answers for you other than the one given to me from Toshiba, that it is something to do with microsoft and something that they've done to their server which is not recognising transmissions from smart TV's. Apparently microsoft are supposed to be working to sort out the problem, but I wouldn't hold my breath, as with everything to do with microsoft it's probably going to cost us money. I will keep trying. If there is anybody else out there with the same problem,  get in touch with a solution?

Posted from Lenovo A2109A
anitab56
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (345 Views)

i am having the same problem aswell.i spent a lot of money to buy  a freetalk compatible camera and now i have no service at all.this feature shoulld be took away from smart tv othrewise it is an arnaque.skype knows this problem why they are still put a fake service in smart tv in order to lie customers.the skype last just for 3 months and then it stopped.if this situation persist we will take an action aigainst microsoft and its skype services.

ditakas
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (143 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling