Re: No Chat/Instant Message icon in SKYPE for Sams...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: No Chat/Instant Message icon in SKYPE for Samsung Smart TV

Is there any news about this topic, or we must resign ourselves to no longer have this feature on our TV?

Bye to all, Marco

yqm1961
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 41 of 53 (1,318 Views)

Guess this is a lost cause

Mayb someone started a new instance of this issue and is getting better luck than us.

I would hate to think this fell on deaf ears

Barbados_Boy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 42 of 53 (1,220 Views)

to the SKYPE team - this is a bloody DISGRACE!

We too recently purchased a samsung TV with Skype App, specifically on the understanding that it supported NORMAL SYPE FUNCTIONALITY.

Text messaging is ESSENTIALfor us during business skype vcalls so we can pass detailed info, url's etc across. Not to mention BASIC ACCESSIBILITY GUIDELINES AS REQUIRED BY EU DIRECTIVE/LAW! What is it with you dumbarses that you cannot see this!?

It is clear that this is not some technical mistake but a CYNICAL ploy to ulltimately start charging for the reintroduction of previously standard features of the service.

I note also, this has notghing to do with Samsung and everything to do with the recent take-over of Skype by Microsoft - making an absolute mess of things ass usual (just like they did with their now INFAMOUS Windows 8 Start button (& other) debacles.

Get your act together you bunch of MORONS!

rjcain
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 43 of 53 (1,051 Views)

I got a Samsung 39f5500 and like you guys Im very dissapointed with IM feature left out for SmartTvs.

IMO is just marketing strategy to sell the cameras that only works with samsung. 

I got a Logitech keyboard K400 and works like a charm for every command on the TV. Is really a pitty that IM not works since I refuse to spend the ridiculous amount of money that cost the only camera functioning for samsung TVS.

rpcruz28
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 44 of 53 (963 Views)

Is there any update to this ?

When will they re-instate the chat tab

Barbados_Boy
Casual Adventurer
Message 45 of 53 (767 Views)

I own a Samsung UE46ES7000 Smart TV

How can the other party know when they send a txt message that i am logon to my smart tv and that my smart tv does with skype does not support chat messages.

This way Skype Version 2.0 for the smart tv is USELESS!!!!!!!! :(n):

Please fix this. 

resi72
Novel Adventurer
Message 46 of 53 (730 Views)

Is there a way to revert back to the previous version of Skype with the chat function enabled? I purchaed yesterday a Samsung 40" F6500 with Skype already installed, but it has no chat function. Any way to go back to the previous version ?

sporos
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 47 of 53 (565 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you Sashash Its amazing ... :happy:
http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-features/No-Chat-Instant-Message-icon-in-SKYPE-for-Samsung-Smart...
I had similar phone calls.
(it was a reply to a post reporting the communication with Samsung Support team)

bofyg
Novel Adventurer
Message 48 of 53 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am still waiting for an upgrade / update of Skype on Samsung SmartTV Apps which would contain the original chat option too.
This is absulutely necessary.

bofyg
Novel Adventurer
Message 49 of 53 (423 Views)

labas

Albinas
Casual Tourist
Message 50 of 53 (343 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling