LG 2012 TV with AN-VC400 TV Cam - pathetic support...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LG 2012 TV with AN-VC400 TV Cam - pathetic support from Skype

All I can say about LG's & Skype's partnership is "Stay Away"!

I bought a 2012 LG TV (LM47640T  £800) with their dedicated Skype Cam (AN-VC400  £90) only to find that the week I bought it, the skype software disappeared from the TV.  3 months later, it reappeared.  I plugged the camera in, and enjoyed a test call.  Then the problems began - now I only get video one way - no one can see us.

So I ring LG.  They tell me it is a problem with the software and to call Skype.  Skype then tell me it is a problem with the hardware, and to contact the LG.   And around in circles we go.  Meanwhile, the retailer tells me that they are unable to offer support or a refund as the product worked - if only once.

Stay away from the LG Skype compliant products.  Useless support from both LG and Skype.  My only course of action is to rasie a complaint with the Office of Fair Trading, as someone else found out in the U.S.  I'm not alone - see

http://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-on-your-TV/LG-Smart-TV-47LM6400-Skype-Web-Camera-Issue/td-p/1145...

http://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-on-your-TV/LG-TV-and-LG-Camera-Skype-Video-Issue/m-p/531705

http://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-on-your-TV/skype-for-LG-Smart-Tv-2012/m-p/760878

This technology is potentially brilliant, butif the hardware and software vendors can't work together...what's the use?

M_B2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (2,181 Views)

Re: LG 2012 TV with AN-VC400 TV Cam - pathetic support from Skype

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your LG TV.

Can you please confirm a few things:
1. Does your audio work properly?

2. Which device are you calling on the other end?

3. Can you call this person from another device properly?

JKTol
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 8
Message 2 of 3 (1,970 Views)

Re: LG 2012 TV with AN-VC400 TV Cam - pathetic support from Skype

I have the same problem and tried everywhere to find a solution - all my devices are up to date with the latest softwares and i still cannot see the video of the calling party! Can someone PLEASE give us a solution to this prominent problem faced by so many LG users!

And for those of you that just bought the LG not-so-smart TV, welcome to hell!

amdanat
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (1,405 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling