Re: Instant messaging on Samsung smart tv series 7...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Instant messaging on Samsung smart tv series 7000

Hi, I've just bought a Samsung smart tv  (2013) and I can't find the chat function on my screen. I've tried talking to Samsung and I get different answers from them. I've had both a Philips and a Panasonic tv at home, but no one have this function. When I bought the Samasung, I called their support and they promised me that I this function was included. But now they tell me that it's a Skype issue. Can someone please tell me the correct information? I really need this function!

Please use plain text.
SannainSweden
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 5 (993 Views)

Re: Instant messaging on Samsung smart tv series 7000

[ Edited ]

The app doesn't support the instant messaging feature.. I created an account for this exact same purpose (also just bought a 2013 Samsung Smart TV), but was stunned to learn that the app is completely useless without a proprietary/official Samsung webcam. Even worse, the remote has a build-in microphone, but it doesn't work in Skype.

A Microsoft product on a Unix device; why did we expect anything good?

Please use plain text.
Morique
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 5 (957 Views)

I just bought an LG, and that doesn't have the messaging facility either. Really annoying!!!

Please use plain text.
DaveMidgley
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 5 (818 Views)

It doesn't recognise a USB keyboard either, see my post at http://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-on-your-TV/No-Chat-Instant-Message-icon-in-SKYPE-for-Samsung-Sma...

Come on Skype guys.

Please use plain text.
DaveMidgley
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 5 (789 Views)

Ive had my Samsung TV for a couple of years and the Chat function was there and worked fine, Some brightspark obviously decided to remove it in one of the previous updates for some reason, Ive searched various forums and all I can find is "Chat is not supported",................. But no mention of why! especially when it use to work without issue....frustrating

Please use plain text.
onemadgooner
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 5 (591 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling