Group chat with premium account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Group chat with premium account

Greetings, 

My company ESPN just signed up for a premium account looking to group video chat. we recently purchased a samsung smart TV with version 3.1 "limited" pre-installed. Is there an option to upgrade this version that will support group video messages? I've read that verson 5.0 is needed to support group calls for skype limited. where can i find more assistance with this or be directed to a live chat since we're a premium account user

Skype_smartTV
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (513 Views)

Re: Group chat with premium account

Hi,

We also just bought a Samsung SMART TV and can't do group VC.

I think it is ridiculous given the technology avilable. Is there any solution?!!

Almost £3k on a TV!!

100Penguins
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 4 (351 Views)

Skype group video calling is currently only supported on Skype for Windows and Mac and Skype for Xbox One. The Skype app on your TV doesn't support group video calls, I'm afraid.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10391
Message 3 of 4 (347 Views)

And really skype / ms think this is acceptable? Skype and it's partners have done their best to downplay that this can't be done - the internet is full of people who have bought stuff expecting this to work. Skype need to be clearer as this appears to be a policy issue not a technical one. I guess now skype is part of MS we are all supposed to go and buy Lync for business just to video chat with relatives in other countries? As community manager Please encourage MS to get a definitive statement out on this issue along with a definitive statement for the logitech and telyhd camera (the latter which can do multiparty video but only with their non skype service).
Posted from Apple iPad
Scyto
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (131 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling